hey everyone. i just updated to .109 on my storm 9530 today and it was my first upgrade since .75. its been extremely good to me except the battery life. so far its not horrible, but one of the biggest reasons i upgraded was because i knew the new OS's were supposed to offer better battery life. my guess is because i didnt have a full charge on it since i upgraded it but would that make that big of a difference? im hoping thats the cause cause i usually take very good care of my battery. ive done most the tweaks and was satisfied with the .75 battery but not happy. other than that .109 has been awesome. thanks for the help!
    03-15-09 08:36 PM
    What apps are you running?I run .109 and can go 2 days without charging...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 08:58 PM
    hey everyone. i just updated to .109 on my storm 9530 today and it was my first upgrade since .75. its been extremely good to me except the battery life. so far its not horrible, but one of the biggest reasons i upgraded was because i knew the new OS's were supposed to offer better battery life. my guess is because i didnt have a full charge on it since i upgraded it but would that make that big of a difference? im hoping thats the cause cause i usually take very good care of my battery. ive done most the tweaks and was satisfied with the .75 battery but not happy. other than that .109 has been awesome. thanks for the help!
    Doing all the upgrades and reboots drains the battery. Let your battery drain all the way down before you charge. Do 3-4 battery pulls in the next day or so. It seems to speed up the new OS. Then WAIT about 3 days before you decide to try a different OS, you gotta give it some time.

Good luck.
    03-15-09 09:02 PM
    Doing all the upgrades and reboots drains the battery. Let your battery drain all the way down before you charge. Do 3-4 battery pulls in the next day or so. It seems to speed up the new OS. Then WAIT about 3 days before you decide to try a different OS, you gotta give it some time.

Good luck.
    are the battery pulls just to keep the app memory high or does it actually help the battery? cause i usually get around 30-40 mb/s. will anything be improved other than that? thanks for the tip!
    03-15-09 09:10 PM
    are the battery pulls just to keep the app memory high or does it actually help the battery? cause i usually get around 30-40 mb/s. will anything be improved other than that? thanks for the tip!
    Once the OS is "broken in" by a few battery pulls/a few days, the battery life should improve.

Not 100% thats always correct, but it worked for me
    03-16-09 07:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD