My battery is only lasting about 4-6 hours before going into the "danger" yellow zone. Because it performs terribly on a low battery, I've resorted to hooking it up to the USB charger when I am sitting her at my desk. Not sure if this is smart, since I always thought you should not charge your battery unless it's basically run all the way out, but I am scared it will die once I get into the car and start using my Bluetooth this afternoon. This is SO much worse than my previous phone.
    11-25-08 04:01 PM
    I should add that I've been playing with it a lot since Friday morning and I haven't seen an increase in battery life -- if anything, it's decreased.
    11-25-08 04:03 PM
    Battery life is up and down. Yesterday It lasted the whole day. 5am and on. I wounder if it lasted so long yesterday becuase I usb charged it for 20min.

This battery is dropping fast today.! Soox

Should I charge my phone when ever I have the oppurtunity to or let it drain completly like you would a computer??
    11-25-08 04:09 PM
    I do not have one but my son is thinking of getting it> So I am researching for him. Now since I do not have one is there a way to turn off 3G if not being used all the time?
    Maybe that will increase battery life....
    11-25-08 04:10 PM
    off charger since 8am.. sent and received about 60 texts today. surfed some web... it's got 1.5 'cells' left.
    11-25-08 04:14 PM
    you can turn off the network I believe however I would think it would only drain the battery if it was constantly searching for a network.

I also would imagine that it would last longer with dimming the phone and making sure all apps are closed.
    11-25-08 04:15 PM
    My battery dies really quickly also. I have to carry my charger around with me..ugh! How long were you suppose to charge it initially? I charged mine for like 5 hours initially.
    11-25-08 04:19 PM
    My Storm has been off the charger for 11hours with a full day of use and I'm down to my last bar.
    11-25-08 04:19 PM
    Mine had about a 50% charge when I went to bed last night and it died over night and my alarm didn't go off. WTF. It could get better, may just need some break in, but I hope this improves.
    11-25-08 04:22 PM
    After a 8 hour work day my battery is practically screaming for a charge.. hasn't died on me yet.... thank god i've got a Car Charger
    11-25-08 04:32 PM
    odd, for some reason my battery life appears to be fine. i do the regular emailing ,texting, using the browser and i have no problems (so far).
    11-25-08 05:00 PM
    I get 48 hours of use, albeit limited:

Auto on 7am
    Auto off 11pm
    ~10 minutes talk
    2 pictures
    1 video
    30 minutes browser
    20 mails

Not too bad I believe. This has held consistent through 2 full charges.
    11-25-08 05:03 PM
    I think the battery life is very good. Of course I am coming from a Moto Q that I had to charge 3 times a day and would run out of battery after a 5 minute phone call....

I charge it every night. I never have issues with battery life.
    11-25-08 05:04 PM
    People, the battery life will extend with time. The more it is run down and charged the longer the charge will hold.

I'm no scientist, but it's like that (I have other devices that do this also). Just keep chargin'!
    11-25-08 05:14 PM
    Quick question..is it bad for the battery to leave the phone on the charger over night, so it is on the charger even after it is fully charged?
    11-25-08 05:14 PM
    I think the batt life is pretty good. I ran mine down (on purpose) twice to last batt bar @ first. I also make sure I "close" apps when finished.

Last night didn't charge... had 2 bars left... entered "bedside" mode on clock feature. Charged this morning, almost fully (still had 1 bar to go).

I've done the following today:
    Normal to High emailing, SMS
    Multiple calls plus 3 for 30 min each & 1 for 2.5 hrs
    Surfed web & facebook

I didn't get to the last red bar level until almost 10 hrs later... its charging now.
    11-25-08 05:21 PM
    Noticed that the first weekend, battery life was pretty good. On Monday I did the enterprise activation for BES. It's fully charged when I leave in the morning at 8 and after a normal day of email, reminders, searching for a signal (verizon reception seems to be crap in my building) the battery is down to 1.5 cells by the time I get home at 6:30. Hope the next software update addresses the battery life issue. Definitely appears to be a phone you have to charge every night.
    11-25-08 06:45 PM
    Ok, I've read everyone elses posts. I only saw one person post with using bluetooth. On my 8130 Pearl, when I ran bluetooth all day, it seemed to really suck my battery down. The Storm I have now seems to do the same. I hope jeffmvr is right with the more you charge it the better it gets, but it wasn't like that with the Pearl at all as some of you may know. So far I have to charge every night also. Today I didn't even use the bluetooth and I still have 50% battery from about 9am this morning - so 12.5 hours isn't bad, but that bluetooth seemed to kill me!

Also, I don't know if it has anything to do with battery life, but I do know that the Verizon tech rep suggested that I set an auto on/off to sometime while sleeping even if it is only for like 2-5 minutes to refresh the network and reduce lag when battery function gets low as someone else stated above in a post. I plan to do this anyway so maybe I won't have any freeze-ups like I did consistently on my Pearl! Wishful thinking, but I be positive.

Any thoughts on this bluetooth battery drain?

I will do the suggested from posts above - like making sure all apps are closed, turning down brightness of screen, and post back on my results. Stay tuned.
    11-25-08 09:44 PM
    i get 2 days use out of a charge. i primarily use it for email, texting, some surfing, and voice - try doing that on an iPhone. NEVER happen. EVER.

my brightness is set to 10 instead of 100. and i also close apps when i am done with them except for email and browser. BT is on when i'm driving.

the lady at Verizon who sold me the Cradle the other day in the store said an extended battery is coming out for it. so there you go... yet another thing the iPhone couldn't do EVER.

i'm so grateful to be back with BB and Verizon. this is called iGlad
    Last edited by the1sen; 11-25-08 at 09:52 PM.
    11-25-08 09:47 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD