How is everyone's battery life on the storm? Ive had mine off the charger for 3 hours and its already at 70%. Can this be fixed with a software update?
    11-23-08 01:39 PM
    mine wears out with a quickness
    11-23-08 01:42 PM
    How is everyone's battery life on the storm? Ive had mine off the charger for 3 hours and its already at 70%. Can this be fixed with a software update?

I am having the same issue. There is a drain somewhere...but I can't find it.
    11-23-08 01:43 PM
    Mine is unusually bad. I'll just be playing around with the phone, and it gets warm. The battery just continues to go down. =/
    11-23-08 01:43 PM
    I thought all blackberries have good battery life?
    11-23-08 01:46 PM
    Mine goes down quick, but not as fast as I thought it would, I ordered a 2nd battery when I got the phone because of the voda results, I hope seido comes out with a high density oem sized, like for the other models...
    11-23-08 01:47 PM
    I have had mine off the charger since 5am this morning (Almost 9 hours ago) and I'm at 65% still. I've been on the phone all day making calls, receiving calls, on the browser, and I've even shown the Babylon AD trailer to 2 different people so far today. I'm not sure what I'm doing different other than making sure to close out of all apps that arn't being used, but so far I have not had any battery issues yet?
    Same here. Also, the functionality of the phone gets bad with low battery life.
    Same here. The functionality of the phone gets worse with low battery life too.
    11-23-08 01:48 PM
    Has anybody had theirs long enough to tell us if the storm can get through a day under "normal usage" ? If this is a 4 hour phone, I might have to look for soemthing else.

Say it ain't so!
    11-23-08 01:49 PM
    i wouldnt say its a 4 hour phone, but you would need to charge it after a day of normal usage
    11-23-08 01:53 PM
    I've had my phone off charge since about 8am. I've been playing a bit with it. Texts, surfing the web listening to music. No conversations on it yet and my battery is at 80% as of 3pm.
    11-23-08 01:54 PM
    I got through an eight hour shift yesterday (barely) with about half a battery. That was with pretty frequent use of both camera, e-mail and tex/bbmes.
    11-23-08 01:55 PM
    Has anybody had theirs long enough to tell us if the storm can get through a day under "normal usage" ? If this is a 4 hour phone, I might have to look for soemthing else.

Say it ain't so!
    I've had mine off the charger and in use since 4AM, 91/2 hours so far and am still at 65%,
    I've also been tinkering off and on all day..
    The people on the Vodaphone site have also reported an increase in battery life after the first week of normal use, so it's way better than a 4 hour phone...
    11-23-08 02:40 PM
    try running battery flat, that should help. I have good battery life, on mine. Friday i had music on all day, did emails, sms and calls and down to 50-60% which i thought was really good
    11-23-08 02:56 PM
    Excellent! Thank you all for the input, that helps a lot.

Now if I can just find someone who has tested out the PDF support, my decission will be made.

(Checking other threads now...)
    11-23-08 03:20 PM
    I also turned down the brightness on the screen. Even on 30% its still plenty bright. I noticed the battery lasting longer after I did that

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-23-08 03:30 PM
    if u download repligo that will convert pdf, u have to go to handango site i think. There may be others as well, i am sure there are
    11-23-08 03:36 PM
    No problems here. Actually quite happy with the battery. I've been unplugged since about 8AM this morning, I've been on the phone for only about 20 min, but I have been emailing all day, cranked out tunes on it for over 2 hours and have used the internet a bit and I still have 70% battery life at 4:45 (almost 9 hours)! I think the battery is great! I've never been one of those try and see how many days I can make it kind of users. I plug my phone in every night anyway. But that said, I see no problems whatsoever and feel the batter is great.
    11-23-08 03:44 PM
    Fear not. After a week your battery life will increase dramatically. The more you use it the better the battery life becomes.

11-23-08 03:47 PM
    first day.
    unplugged at 930am
    music for 25 min
    random BBM and browsing...few emails...checked voice mail twice...one phone call.

been watching the battery drop all day. 3pm (6 hrs) its at 35%
    11-25-08 02:06 PM
    first day.
    unplugged at 930am
    music for 25 min
    random BBM and browsing...few emails...checked voice mail twice...one phone call.

been watching the battery drop all day. 3pm (6 hrs) its at 35%
    brightness is also set to like 60 or 70%
    11-25-08 02:07 PM
    Mine has been off the charger for 7 1/2 hours and still at 85%, however, I was "showing it off" to some co-workers and it just DIED. Any idea why? It looks like I will have to charge mine every day. I was thinking of keeping my USB cable with my laptop and plugging it in to charge from that while in my office.
    11-25-08 02:27 PM
    Fear not. After a week your battery life will increase dramatically. The more you use it the better the battery life becomes.

I have definitely noticed my battery lasting longer since Friday. The more i use it the longer it's seeming to last
    11-25-08 02:28 PM
    I turned my brightness all the way down and it is still plenty bight, and also turned the back light timer to 10 sec from 30 sec yesterday afternoon with a bar and a half left. My battery just now gave me low battery flash almost a full 24 hours later. Not sure if this is just the conditioning of using it so much or if turning these options down really did help that much.
    11-25-08 02:40 PM
44 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD