how do i know when my battery is fully charged when plugged in? i am a first time blackberry user coming from a moto. q, and when it was fully charged a notification would let me know that. if there is some simple way to know this on the storm im sry..just a newbie over here
    11-22-08 04:22 PM
    how do i know when my battery is fully charged when plugged in? i am a first time blackberry user coming from a moto. q, and when it was fully charged a notification would let me know that. if there is some simple way to know this on the storm im sry..just a newbie over here
    The little bolt icon will disappear when it's charged fully.
    11-22-08 04:23 PM
    awsome! thanks for the quick reply
    11-22-08 04:24 PM
    What about when the device is powered OFF?

Note: When charging a green light slowly fades in and out on the top right. I thought it may stay solid, but I'm not sure.
    04-15-09 07:51 PM
    A green light comes on and stays on telling you that you have a full charge when it's charging while the power is off.
    Until then a yellow light flashes.
    04-15-09 07:53 PM
    I have the free theme from CB (HD CB 2.0 Storm - Themes BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store) and this theme doesn't have the little bolt icon when charging. Anyway to tell with this theme?

Most phones I owned had red led while charging and green led when fully charged. Anyway to get something like that with the Storm?
    04-15-09 08:47 PM
    I charged my blackberry for almost 2 hours but the charging sign doesnt disappear. I dono wats happening. Whta do u suggest. I am first time bb user and my battery goes red within a days time tht is 12 hours
    11-28-11 11:26 PM
    I charged my blackberry for almost 2 hours but the charging sign doesnt disappear. I dono wats happening. Whta do u suggest. I am first time bb user and my battery goes red within a days time tht is 12 hours
    Is this a brand new battery and/or Storm? Or is this a used cell and/or battery...

If it's used, how old is the battery.

BTW, if the battery is fully discharged, charging times to full capacity vary...

Also, if you are charging via a USB cable connected to a computer, the type of USB port can also effect the charging times (i.e. USB port vers 1.X, 2.X versus 3.X for instance) and if you are charging via a USB hub that is NOT powered, and you have other devices plugged into the hub, you will not be receiving a full USB voltage charge. The best charging method is via a wall plug with the supplied charger, or by a USB 3.0 port direct from the computer or a powered USB hub.

Cheers!!
    Last edited by Grenadiers; 11-29-11 at 08:38 AM.
    11-29-11 08:18 AM
    i am a newbie to using a blackberry and i can't quite tell if my blackberry is fully charged. i have been charging it for AGES (since yesterday late afternoon) but that was only because it went completely flat. and today it still says it isnt fully charged. Is there something wrong with my BB? also the battery bar isn't completely full as well.
    12-26-12 06:57 PM
    they don't charge up that quickly. give it more time.
    02-13-13 04:31 AM