Found the culprit that was causing my Storm to drain the battery and get hot, It was an app called StormSlider also called BerrySlider.

There has been a few updates since release 5.0 but the author doesnt seem to have got the battery drain problem solved yet i was running version 5.08, this has cost me a battery as it cooked it whilst it was on charge.

Ive removed the app and my phone is fine again.
    01-27-10 01:48 AM
    Found the culprit that was causing my Storm to drain the battery and get hot, It was an app called StormSlider also called BerrySlider.

There has been a few updates since release 5.0 but the author doesnt seem to have got the battery drain problem solved yet i was running version 5.08, this has cost me a battery as it cooked it whilst it was on charge.

Ive removed the app and my phone is fine again.
    have to disagree....thousands of people use this app and no issues. I love it!
    01-27-10 01:52 AM
    I agree with the OP. I installed it after having no battery problems, usually see out the day with around 65% battery. When I installed StormSlider, my battery needed a top-up charge during the day. I noticed my phone was hotter than usual, but my phone warms up with the amount I use it anyway. I didn't need a new battery, but I only kept the app for a week so it wasn't under so much stress
    01-27-10 05:36 AM
    Well I've had almost every version of SS since 3.97 and have never had issues with it. Definitely no battery overheating. There was a battery drain issue in one of the 5.0 version but they quickly fixed it.
    01-27-10 07:38 AM
    i have storm slider no battery issues here
    01-27-10 10:15 AM
    I have Storm Slider also. Never had a hot phone or battery issue. I think your issue is with another program or too many opened programs in the background or something. SS is a nicely built app.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-27-10 10:36 AM
    Def Stormslider causing the battery drain i have reset the Storm back to factory settings put it back in and phone is getting hot and the battery is draining quickly, without it installed it does not get hot or drain as quickly. unless theres a version i havent got its Stormslider 100% sure ! the original version did not cause any issues its since i upgraded it.

I agree its a great app thats why i bought it, but i have to bin it for now as its crippling my phone.!

Thanks for your help.
    01-27-10 11:28 AM
    Wow I'm shocked. I have StormSlider LITE 3.4.2 and I've had 0 problems. Am I missing something here? Did I get lucky? Lol.
    01-27-10 07:08 PM
    Have it. Love it. No problem.
    01-27-10 08:03 PM
    Def Stormslider causing the battery drain i have reset the Storm back to factory settings put it back in and phone is getting hot and the battery is draining quickly, without it installed it does not get hot or drain as quickly. unless theres a version i havent got its Stormslider 100% sure ! the original version did not cause any issues its since i upgraded it.

I agree its a great app thats why i bought it, but i have to bin it for now as its crippling my phone.!

Thanks for your help.
    First why did you not post this in the SS thread?

The battery drain issue was fixed. If you would like help with the app on your device then I ask that you post in the SS thread and close this.
    01-27-10 09:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD