So...my storm may have died last night...

I charge my storm by plugging it into my laptop and saying no to mass storage mode and then it always has the charging symbol after that.

I wake up this morning, and find it doing some weird reset with a white screen and loading/thinking icon...the plastic protective case i had it in was really hot as well as the actual device itself (well yea if the case was)

This is my first lesson in not keeping a blackberry under your pillow while charging it at night, my old LG "V" never had an issue under my pillow.

I now switched to the actual wall based charger and am trying to get it to charge that way but still no indication of it wanting to cooperate.

Any suggestions? (other than don't keep it under your pillow or trust it to charge based off the computer anymore)
    01-03-09 10:20 AM
    Stuppid question, you leave your laptop on when you have your BB plugged in right?

computers wont charge anything off the USB if the computer is not on

I know dumb question but thought id ask
    01-03-09 10:23 AM
    Actually not a dumb question. I was having trouble charging by being plugged into my computer. Wake up and not full charge. I think I solved the problem. My computer was set to turn off the hard drives after one hour on inactivity. I changed to never turn off the hard drives and now charing is fine.

Stuppid question, you leave your laptop on when you have your BB plugged in right?

01-03-09 12:03 PM

Yes, my laptop is on and plugged into the wall so it has full battery (the laptop) and the Storm has the little charge symbol (usually)

It looks like my problem of it not wanting to charge at all anymore was solved by a battery pull it seems
    01-03-09 01:26 PM
    Is there a reason why you are opting to charge via laptop instead of the wall charger? usb charge takes WAY longer!
    01-03-09 01:46 PM
    I've had it happen a couple times, hooking up to my cradle and wall charger.
    One time the clock showed up upside down, no charge,
    Other time it just never came out of lock.
    Both times I had to do a battery pull to get it to start charging, now I make sure the little yellow lightning bolt shows before I move on.
    01-03-09 01:57 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD