last night when i got home my battery was completely dead to the point where it turned off and when i got home i charged it up. this morning when i woke up i pulled the charge cord out and the phone cut off. Now when i put the charge cord in it goes to a white screen with a battery and a lightning bolt and it cuts off and goes back to the battery and lightning bolt screen over and over.
    Somebody know whats wrong with my storm. Do i need a new battery??
    07-14-09 12:56 PM
    last night when i got home my battery was completely dead to the point where it turned off and when i got home i charged it up. this morning when i woke up i pulled the charge cord out and the phone cut off. Now when i put the charge cord in it goes to a white screen with a battery and a lightning bolt and it cuts off and goes back to the battery and lightning bolt screen over and over.
    I've never seen a battery die but if I were you I'd start by purchasing a new battery. I'm 99.9% sure that's the problem. How long have you had it?
    07-14-09 01:01 PM
    I've never seen a battery die but if I were you I'd start by purchasing a new battery. I'm 99.9% sure that's the problem. How long have you had it?
    I've had it since early march..im trying to have verizon send me out a replacement battery..will they do it??
    07-14-09 01:34 PM
    I've had it since early march..im trying to have verizon send me out a replacement battery..will they do it??
    Have you got insurance? Probably not or else you wouldn't be posting. I'd take it to a Verizon store, stomp my feet and throw a tantrum until I got my way if that happened to me.
    07-14-09 01:48 PM
    Just leave it. I've drained my battery to the point where a car charger would not revive it. It tries to switch the device on while charging, doesn't have enough power and shuts down to the battery and lightning bolt screen again until it finally has enough to power the device up. After a while it will work ... unless your battery is really cooked.
    07-14-09 01:51 PM
    Have you got insurance? Probably not or else you wouldn't be posting. I'd take it to a Verizon store, stomp my feet and throw a tantrum until I got my way if that happened to me.
    yea i have insurance but the thing is a month in a half ago I dropped my phone in the toilet and i immediately took it out and removed the battery but the water damage sticker on the actual phone is red and the battery damage sticker didnt get damage (weird i know). I took it to the verizon store and i was like its the battery and he was like its the phone because the water damage sticker is red. I said that happened a month ago and then he was like well sometimes it takes a long time for it to catch up (thinking bs in my head). what should my next step be? Im trying to not pay 50 bucks when its really not needed and its the battery thts dead
    07-14-09 02:20 PM
    ...and you didn't think the fact that the phone had fallen into a toilet had any relevance to original question?!?!? Probably information that should have been noted.

My guess is you have a short somewhere in one of 3 places: in the charger (did you try a different charger?), the battery (are you able to try a different battery?), or the phone itself (a possibility given the water damage you just mentioned).
    07-14-09 02:32 PM
    the phone itself has been fine for a month in a half..i believe its the battery..in fact i know it is...im just trying to find out how I can get a battery out of verizon for free
    07-14-09 03:15 PM
    Maybe the battery is just full of crap
    07-14-09 03:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD