2nd phone delivered yesterday by FedEx...

Charged it last night with the power off...woke up at 6am to see that the status light was still blinking amber...turn it on and the BOLT is still thru the battery...

that was over 5 hours...

looked at the manual and its supposed to remove the BOLT or when its off, be a solid GREEN status light...

what gives..??

when is enough, enough?
    12-16-08 09:11 AM
    Battery in the right way? Anyway, it should turn on automatically when its charged, at least mine did.
    12-16-08 09:32 AM
    Battery in the right way? Anyway, it should turn on automatically when its charged, at least mine did.

if the battery wansnt in properly it wouldnt turn on...

its on, it works, but i have no idea as to when its fully charged..and you know what, I shouldnt have to be guessing...
    12-16-08 09:47 AM
    My sales rep said that a BB sold from Verizon and that is FedEx'd should come fully charged.

You might have a bad battery.

James
    12-16-08 09:51 AM
    Mine has done the same thing ever since I uograded to the official Verizon OS 4.7.0.75. Before it would charge within a few hours and the lightning bolt would disappeare when it was done. Now it never goes away. Same thing when powered off, the charging light never stops blinking.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 10:04 AM
    Do a battery pull, shut the device off and put it back in the charger...should go green in 10-15 minutes.
    12-16-08 10:05 AM
    I started a similar thread before seeing this one. I have the same problem to although I get the BOLT to go away. However, removing battery and reinstalling does fix it sometimes, but the idea of the green light is to tell you that charge is complete. Verizon tech had no answers but to send a new phone, which is a hassle to reinstall all the data. It should work period! I'm guessing that it's the new upgrade to the OS.
    12-17-08 09:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD