So my Storm's been working fine since I got it ~week ago. Last night I was using it a little, then came home and plugged it in. I woke up this morning and the battery still displayed 80% and it was still plugged in and showed "charging." I figured it was a display error, so I decided to pull the batter via QuickPull. Now, the battery display is showing in the red, the green light on top is flashing, and even though it's plugged in it doesn't appear to be charging. I've switched to trying to charge it via my computer's USB, but it doesn't seem to be helping either.

Any ideas?
    06-23-09 07:37 AM
    Sounds like you have a bad battery, take it to VzW and get a replacement, if that don't work then it could be faulty hardware and exchange the device for a new one.
    06-23-09 07:46 AM
    Hmmm, well, it's decided to actually charge and show improvement on the battery display. I'm just kind of weirded out that it drained like that, I might just go down and have it looked at anyway.
    06-23-09 07:54 AM
    Wiggle the usb connection a little and see if your charging indicator goes on/off. You could have a bad charger plug or a bad usb receptacle.
    06-23-09 08:02 AM
    I would try a physical battery pull first. But def get it looked at in store. Scary to think next time you pick up your BB it may be completely dead...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 09:41 AM
    My storm has been doing this on a regular basis. It seems like it started happening after the upgrade to .148. I have 3 batteries and 2 chargers and I have not been able to get rid of the issue completely.

Sometimes it charges fine. Most times, however, it will just sit there with the lightning bolt showing but the charge percentage does not change up or down.

The only thing that fixes it for me is to pull the battery before I charge it at night. It really drives me crazy.

06-23-09 12:26 PM
    Definitely a lousy issue to have and unpredictable it seems. No way I'd sit around and wait to see if the problem corrects itself, espeically not if you rely on the device at all - get it back to the store pronto.
    06-23-09 12:36 PM
    I have been having a similar iSsue. Either it doesn't feel like charging no matter how lon its actually on the charger. Or the damn thing dies sometime midday. I work at hr block and use my phone quite a bit. Its a pain.

06-23-09 03:04 PM
    Similar problem here too. Charged overnight (with Bedside Mode confirmed) and in the AM it was fine. Left phone on charger and took a shower, only to find the battery now in red and the green light flashing. Battery-pulled and recharged, making sure to see Bedside Mode. Charged up with no probs after that.

I've had this one and only Storm since Release day, and always had .75 OS. Never had this battery prob until updated to current OS.
    06-23-09 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD