Has anyone encountered this? My battery was over 95% charged. I picked up my phone and the screen was stuck on my e-mobile home page. I hit end about 3 times the storm went to an all white screen. I hit the back key and it went back to my home page. During this 5 second process the battery went from 95% to 3%.
    I pulled the battery and plugged the phone in to make sure it was not a meter problem and after it re-booted it still read 3%. The phone is now re-charging (currently at 13%).A call to Verizon yielded no new information. I was informed they had never heard of this problem and I was told to recharge my Storm and see if it happens again before they replace the battery or phone. I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has experienced something similar and how it was resolved.
    01-23-09 10:54 AM
    I have never had this happen to me and I have never heard of this problem. I'm sure its just a battery problem. Ask Verizon for a new battery. Good luck

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 11:08 AM
    Yea just see if it happens again and get a new battery if it does

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-23-09 11:58 AM
    its likely that the battery wasn't as charged as reported, or the battery meter icon was not properly updated.

it sounds like the screen just froze up at some point, and as soon as you 'refreshed the screen', it reported the battery's true capacity.
    01-23-09 12:02 PM
    Some of the batteries are defective as per several posts. As stated, go to VZW and exchange it for a new one. I did this myself just yesterday and it was no problem at all. Had the battery since 11/21/08. Mine was causing reboots.

edit: After reading snorks post, I have to agree. Makes sense
    01-23-09 12:04 PM
    I called VZ to tell them about how my screen clicking issues (i.e., corners barely clicked). The person I spoke to said he had never heard of this being a problem. I told him he was crazy and that it was probably the most widely noted issue with the phone.
    01-23-09 03:30 PM
    I upgraded OS to the new .90 last night.

I had this same problem after charging with the in-home ac charger.

I have been plugged up to my computer all-day doing a slow charge and everything is working fine now. I will update tomorrow after connecting to AC power again.
    01-23-09 03:33 PM
    I called VZ to tell them about how my screen clicking issues (i.e., corners barely clicked). The person I spoke to said he had never heard of this being a problem. I told him he was crazy and that it was probably the most widely noted issue with the phone.
    Yeah, well, after replacing a few hundred Storms due to this problem, I think you'd start instructing your CSRs to cover it up too... don't you think.

BTW, WTF does your post have to do with this thread? It's way OT.
    01-23-09 03:34 PM
    Yeah, well, after replacing a few hundred Storms due to this problem, I think you'd start instructing your CSRs to cover it up too... don't you think.

BTW, WTF does your post have to do with this thread? It's way OT.
    civic , be nice lol ...... but yes, its would be the higest known issue, in regards to the battery , give it another go , see if it happends again , i doubt it will sounds like a random freak issue.
    01-23-09 03:38 PM
    I am still haveing the same problem where the battery drains within a matter of hours. I went from a fully charged battery to a compltely bead battery in 3 hours 10 minutes.

I will go to the verizon store here shortly and get a new battery and see if that does the trick. If not, I will be attempting to re-install .90, if that doesn't work I will roll back to .86
    01-25-09 11:47 AM
    My battery goes down in 5% increments, I didn't even know it could be, 3 or 13% at all. Anyone else like this?
    01-25-09 12:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD