I'm trying to help a friend she has a 9530, the battery wont hold a charge its about a year old. The question I have is there is a stripe on the battery that has a line thru it. Is this a indicator for the battery?
    03-16-10 03:51 PM
    That line is on the battery it self or on the screen where it shows the battery icon?
    I pulled my battery out and on the bottom of the battery is a white sticker with a red stripe through it. Is that what you are talking about?
    03-18-10 05:37 PM
    yeah pretty much ur battery is beat up nasty style , its either water damage
    03-22-10 03:59 PM
    Somebody correct me if I am wrong, but that stripe is the water damage indicator. Doesn't sound like it has gotten wet.
    03-22-10 04:07 PM
    I'm trying to help a friend she has a 9530, the battery wont hold a charge its about a year old. The question I have is there is a stripe on the battery that has a line thru it. Is this a indicator for the battery?
    The sticker on the battery that is red with a white line through it is the water damage indicator...if it has the white stripe still it is fine, if it is solid red it is water damaged...Batteries in smartphones are notorious for going bad relatively quickly...if the battery is a year old, there is a good chance that it has just run out of charge cycles and needs to be replaced.

mike
    03-24-10 12:07 AM
    The sticker on the battery that is red with a white line through it is the water damage indicator...if it has the white stripe still it is fine, if it is solid red it is water damaged...Batteries in smartphones are notorious for going bad relatively quickly...if the battery is a year old, there is a good chance that it has just run out of charge cycles and needs to be replaced.

mike
    Actually I think it is just the opposite. My battery has never been wet and the red stripe is there. If it gets wet I think the stripe "smears" from the water which shows it got wet...but maybe batteries vary...I am using the one that came with the phone.
    03-24-10 08:05 AM
    Actually I think it is just the opposite. My battery has never been wet and the red stripe is there. If it gets wet I think the stripe "smears" from the water which shows it got wet...but maybe batteries vary...I am using the one that came with the phone.
    Yeah pretty much if there is any line it is fine...if it is solid you are screwed...I actually didn't take my battery out to look, I just looked at the other indicator on the inside and assumed they were the same...oh well...
    04-02-10 01:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD