I just got my storm (i'm on west coast time), and after reading all the negative reviews i am actually quite impressed. The MAIN THING that seems to affect the overall interface is adjusting the screen settings, and from what it seems, most reviewers DID NOT do that. The one review i do remember mentioning that factor, was one of the few that gave an overall positive response to the storm.

I'm a pretty quick learner though, and seeing as I am an engineer, I have a pretty solid grasp on figuring out why others might not have liked it, but just like any other phone it does take some adjustment. What is funny is that people will gripe about how hard it is to learn on the storm, but even with physical keyboards, it always takes most people a couple days to adjust to a different one. Note that this applies to situations where you are going from larger keys to smaller, AND vice versa. The spacing, shape, texture, size, and location of the keys just CANNOT be the same, whether it be a physical or virtual keyboard.

With that said, the storm has great potential, and with time even "power users" could adapt to the typing style of the storm. It has a great form factor, feels solid in the hand(s) however you hold it, and with the soon to come upgrades the device can only get better. OS version is .65, not sure when or what the next update will be, but I am sure it is soon, so for anyone on the verge of getting the phone, i'll give you my recommendation.

The reviews released on thursday morning really let the negatives overshadow the positives, so go try it out first, but be open minded at the same time. The phone may or may not be for you, but if you only get 10-20 minutes to test it out, then that will most likely not be enough time to decide.

This is my initial impression, but i will post as we go and learn, as us crackberristas do...
    11-21-08 11:21 AM
    Anyone who spends an hour with it and is using one with a OS from 2 months ago and then decides to write a review is not worth my time.
    11-21-08 11:23 AM
    What screen settings need to be adjusted? and what do they need to be adjusted to?
    11-21-08 11:25 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD