Hello, i searched these forums and found mixed answers on this topic so i am going to ask myself. I broke my storm and i was one of the people who actually like using it. I am looking at a used but good condition one on ebay. My question is, if the ESN is bad thru Verizon, can it be unlocked, used for voice, be used for data/email services, and the PIN. I have read mixed answers on this saying the ESN and PIN will be blocked, and that it wont be blocked, i figured id ask for myself. If anyone knows that would be great, thanks
    09-10-09 09:58 PM
    Either case could be true. The PIN may or may not be blocked. I wouldn't take the chance.
    09-10-09 11:15 PM
    Why would you knowingly buy stolen property?
    09-10-09 11:46 PM
    will work fine on gsm cariers att tmoble

miss your pic speaks volumes....
    not neccisarily stolen.... people do insurance claims or report it lost then find it... or someone doesnt pay ythere bill... a few other instances are true also... a business line someone doesnt have access t
    Last edited by skygear; 09-11-09 at 12:01 AM.
    09-10-09 11:58 PM
    also you could use the good storm to fix yours.... and unlocking isnt a problem... all features will work
    09-11-09 12:02 AM
    Why would you knowingly buy stolen property?
    Why would it have to be stolen? It could be one that the former owner owed a big bill and didn't pay.
    09-11-09 06:25 AM
    Certainly the phone could be used on a GSM carrier for voice and texts. It MAY work for data too, it depends on if the CDMA carrier asked RIM to block the PIN or not. Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.
    09-11-09 07:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD