This seems like such a simple thing, but I haven't been able to figure it out.
    How can I make my BB backlight not fade out... For instance, if I have it sitting on my desk, plugged into a charger, I don't want the screen to go black or bring up the clock.

options->Screen/Keyboard->backlight timeout only goes from 10 sec to 2 minutes.

There has to be another option somewhere to keep it on while plugged in, right?
    Last edited by rimbuk; 12-04-08 at 04:41 PM.
    12-04-08 04:06 PM
    hmm, thought editing would bump it up, no luck... sorry for 2nd post but i'd like an answer
    12-04-08 04:41 PM
    Dont think there is a solution to this , or wont go anymore than the 2 mins every BB i have had is like this
    12-04-08 05:01 PM
    nope

back light will only stay on if plugged in AND you enter bedside mode on the alarm clock.

Theres also an app floating around (dont think it works with the storm yet) to keep the backlight on.
    12-04-08 05:14 PM
    whats that app called?

It seems pretty dumb to me that they wouldn't have an option to keep the backlight on all the time... at least when plugged in.

does anyone who's created any apps know if you can manually override that through the app itself?
    12-04-08 06:21 PM
    anyone else having this issue post update?

my clock would stay visible but dim but now the backlight times out even when plugged in bedside more.

help!
    12-07-08 08:07 AM
    bump

please help
    12-07-08 10:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD