Okay so after searching for a while and not really finding any answers I decided I would post my problem here and see what happened. I don't know if this is an issue with my current OS or if its just some setting I'm missing.

Basically the backlight on my storm never really turns off. It will start to dim, and then right before you think it would just go black it flickers and still stays slightly lit up.

I've gone into settings and looked at the keyboard/screen options and set it to auto-dim. I've also tried battery pulling ad nauseam.

Is it supposed to do this, or is something wrong? I'm pretty sure my last storm (before I hosed it with a cup of water) never did this. When it dimmed it just went black. off. poof. no more light.

I'm running .328 and the only apps i've downloaded are the app center, quick pull, google sync and google maps.

I had another issue too which I thought was weird. The bottom back and red hangup/end buttons on the phone weren't lit up at all for some reason for a while, while the green phone button and BB button were fine. Then, for some magic reason, they just fixed themselves. A related issue, maybe? Beats me.

Any help here would be appreciated.
    02-21-10 03:02 AM
    No this is not normal. It sounds like you have a software or OS problem. I would try and reinstall the OS and see if that fixes your problem. You could also take it into a Verizon store and see if they can fix it.
    02-21-10 09:58 PM
    .328 is known to have this issue. Update to a higher OS through leaks/hybrids if you want it to go away.
    02-21-10 09:59 PM
    Thanks a bunch for the info!
    02-22-10 12:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD