I understand how to backup the Blackberry, but this is more of a post in regards to the time it takes to backup a Storm and the normal responses you might expect.

I was in the process of trying to backup the Storm I have to do a test upgrade from 4.7.75 to 4.7.148 OS. And like any good IT person who doesn't want to brick a phone, I tried backing it up.

One thing I noticed in the attempt to back up the phone is that when it is trying to backup the phone's memory, it literally takes a long time. To the point I waited over night to try and get a good backup of the phone's memory. However I keep running into an Error which forces me to try again.

Is it normal for that or do most people just go 'screw the onboard memory backup'?
    06-25-09 11:08 AM
    try this

on bb > browser > bbmenu > options > cache operations > clear "content cache" > back > exit options > plug in phone > ...process of backup...
    06-25-09 11:12 AM
    Hmmm... Browser cache was barely 43.1k... So any mem used would cause extraordinarily long backup time of onboard memory backups?
    06-25-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD