OK, I am told to delete all my apps to get my storm working better. I have gotten rid of everything except those I can't live without, quick text, Phone face, Viigo, facebook, and docs to go. I have 20mb of free application space.
    What about the background picture? Does this take up application space?
    Last edited by Charmed Juan; 04-15-09 at 10:12 AM.
    04-15-09 10:10 AM
    OK, I am told to delete all my apps to get my storm working better. I have gotten rid of everything except those I can't live without, quick text, Phone face, Viigo, facebook, and docs to go. I have 20mb of free application space.
    What about the background picture? Does this take up application space?
    You need to delete the call logs, any old email, sms, mms msgs. Then pull up the event log>menu>clear log. After you do that pull the battery.
    04-15-09 10:19 AM
    I have to ask why should we have to do this (delete apps)? We are enableing RIM not to improve this product. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    04-15-09 10:53 AM
    Its the same thing as a pc...you need to delete things slowing your pc if it slows down. Maintenance is necessary to make any device work efficiently. I am holding around 40mb with only necessary apps installed. Why waste space with unused apps?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 10:58 AM
    Also, check how long your phone is set to keep SMS messages (if you do a lot of texting). SMS>Options>General Options>Keep Messages:

As C_X said, pulling the battery on a semi-normal basis. (you could do it with quickpull daily, but I do mine around every week or so)

edit: No, the background picture doesn't use application memory space.
    04-15-09 11:01 AM

edit: No, the background picture doesn't use application memory space.
    Unfortunatly, that is not correct.

The preinstalled images are contained in a COD file that is part of the OS build. It is possible to remove the images by removing the file, best done with the free CrackMem utility.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/cra...eleased-52044/
    04-15-09 11:29 AM

The preinstalled images are contained in a COD file that is part of the OS build. It is possible to remove the images by removing the file, best done with the free CrackMem utility.

My apologies, I stand corrected. I don't use the preinstalled pictures for my background though, so they're stored on my card
    04-15-09 06:02 PM
    Wow. I am in awe what are you trying to accomplish with your storm? I have a good amount of apps they work great run fast on my good old .75,
    It does everything I want and ask it to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-16-09 02:30 AM

I have the appleberry glass theme on my storm, and was wondering if I should change background picture on that particular theme? You think it'll make any difference? Thanks.
    04-16-09 04:39 AM
    I have the appleberry glass theme on my storm, and was wondering if I should change background picture on that particular theme? You think it'll make any difference? Thanks.
    I just installed that same theme the other day. I open media, pictures, open the pic I wanted as a backround and went to MENU and selected SET AS HOME SCREEN IMAGE.

followup is there a way to change the lock screen backround and the app list screen backround in that theme....sorry for the hijack
    04-16-09 08:11 AM
    If you want to keep the OEM background picture but remove them from the phone's app memory I just created a thread and posted the OEM pics up there that you can save to your memory card.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/sto...ctures-207832/
    04-16-09 08:17 AM
    I just installed that same theme the other day. I open media, pictures, open the pic I wanted as a backround and went to MENU and selected SET AS HOME SCREEN IMAGE.

followup is there a way to change the lock screen backround and the app list screen backround in that theme....sorry for the hijack
    That is theme controlled. The original theme that comes with the phone will allow the background picture to show up when the phone is locked so it is possible it just hasn't been found in plazmic yet it would seem.
    04-16-09 08:20 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD