My background image is blacked out. If I select a new picture to use as the background image, the background stays black. Even changing the theme, the backgrounds stays black.

I've recently upgraded to 4.7.0.148 from .75. Once I noticed this issue, I did a clean wipe. however, that did not resolve the issue.

Is this happening to anybody else? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance
    05-28-09 10:41 AM
    I reset the them defaults which loads the standard red Verizon background. However, when I select a new image, the background goes black and displays nothing. I did multiple battery pulls to no avail.

Any ideas?
    05-28-09 11:14 AM
    I haven't come across anything like this yet. Are you trying to use the same image as your background or are you trying different images and have no success with any of them?

The fact that you're resetting to default with the theme and the verizon background is showing up, means it may have something to do with the images you're trying to load as a background. It is possible your images may have been corrupted during the upgrade.

Is the image you want as a background on your memory card or device memory? Maybe you could try moving it from one to the other and then try loading it as the background.

I hope this works for you. Keep us posted and i'll try doing some more research on my end.
    05-28-09 11:25 AM
    I haven't come across anything like this yet. Are you trying to use the same image as your background or are you trying different images and have no success with any of them?

The fact that you're resetting to default with the theme and the verizon background is showing up, means it may have something to do with the images you're trying to load as a background. It is possible your images may have been corrupted during the upgrade.

Is the image you want as a background on your memory card or device memory? Maybe you could try moving it from one to the other and then try loading it as the background.

I hope this works for you. Keep us posted and i'll try doing some more research on my end.
    I have tried with multiple images that were taken with the phone and saved to the media card, all prior to the upgrade. I moved a view images to the device and tried and was still unsuccessful.

I've read some forum threads about users having trouble with using landscape pictures as the homescreen image, however, I've never had that problem before. Before, when using a landscape image, the device would just resize it to fit the screen with black bars on the top and bottom.

So, I took a portrait picture and selected 'set as homescreen image' from the camera options. Surprise, that worked fine. So I took a landscape picture and selected 'set as homescreen image' from the camera options. The picture became the landscape image but did not resize with the black bars.

I reset the homescreen back to default VZW, then went to media>pictures, selected the landscape image I just took and selected 'set as home screen image'. The homescreen went blank, same issue as when I started.

So i did the same thing with the portrait image I just took, went to media>pictures, selected the portrait image I just took and selected 'set as home screen image'. That worked fine.

Conclusion: the device doesn't like landscape images.
    05-28-09 11:37 AM
    I'm glad you got something to work.
    05-28-09 11:42 AM
    06-25-09 11:44 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD