I've searched and searched. Please don't tell me to clear my browser cache (either on the phone or in DM)!! I've read about quite a few people with this problem, and apparently there is no fix. I am 100% sure that it is at the "Messages" stage of backing up because I cannot even manually back it up individually. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Here's what I've tried:

Deleting browser cache on phone
    Deleting browser cache on DM
    Memory cleaning
    Multiple QuickPulls
    Restarted my computer
    Deleting all messages, restoring an old "message" file through DM --> problem persists, I cannot back up what I just uploaded.

Any ideas please let me know!
    Thanks in advance,
    -Cyrus
    04-23-09 02:00 PM
    I've searched and searched. Please don't tell me to clear my browser cache (either on the phone or in DM)!! I've read about quite a few people with this problem, and apparently there is no fix. I am 100% sure that it is at the "Messages" stage of backing up because I cannot even manually back it up individually. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas. Here's what I've tried:

Deleting browser cache on phone
    Deleting browser cache on DM
    Memory cleaning
    Multiple QuickPulls
    Restarted my computer
    Deleting all messages, restoring an old "message" file through DM --> problem persists, I cannot back up what I just uploaded.

Any ideas please let me know!
    Thanks in advance,
    -Cyrus

Did u reinsatll the dm. Fixed that problem for me.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-23-09 02:45 PM
    I will try that now thank you!
    04-23-09 03:35 PM
    you might also try clearing your browser cache, in the phone and in DM. worked for me.
    04-23-09 04:07 PM
    Unfortunately no luck with either of those two. Any other suggestions guys/gals?
    -Cyrus
    Last edited by vyrus; 04-23-09 at 04:44 PM.
    04-23-09 04:07 PM
    I also have this problem and only know of two ways around it, neither of which you're going to like.

1. Go into back up options and set to not back up messages.

2. This is what I do… let me say first that I have 6 email accounts pushed to my BB, also I'm on BIS. With that said… I get on my computer and move all email's I want to keep into some folder or back them in Outlook, if possible. At the same time, I compare the inbox for each account with my BB. Then I delete a few on my BB and try a back up, repeating this until it backs up. Of course, I loose quite a few email on my BB that I really wanted to keep, but they are not lost since they are still available either in Outlook or online.

I keep hoping to find a better answer, on my own or here. But so far I can't find any other way(s), unfortunately.

Last edited by Craterz; 04-23-09 at 04:56 PM.
    04-23-09 04:53 PM
    Unfortunately no luck with either of those two. Any other suggestions guys/gals?
    -Cyrus
    what version of DM are you using. Might try another version.
    04-23-09 06:26 PM
    I'm using 4.7 now. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the O.S. (I just loaded a new one - .132 yesterday). I can upload all my saved messaged, but when I try to backup just those same messages I get an error. Could it be a certain type of mail (attachment, etc.) that is causing this?
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus
    04-23-09 06:35 PM
    I'm using 4.7 now. I'm pretty sure it's a problem with the O.S. (I just loaded a new one - .132 yesterday). I can upload all my saved messaged, but when I try to backup just those same messages I get an error. Could it be a certain type of mail (attachment, etc.) that is causing this?
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus
    Unfortunately, I had the opposite problem... I downgraded to 132 and I couldn't restore my apps and messages....

I found I had to do a complete wipe with JLcommander. Then reinstalled 132 cleanly. After that, my restore worked fine. You might have to do a complete wipe and reinstall...

Good Luck!

Cheers,
    B.D.

04-23-09 06:44 PM
    Thanks,
    -Cyrus
    I didnt run into any problems updating my OS last night and I can back up fine so it must be something on your phone. Try deleting some of the emails or messages.
    04-23-09 06:47 PM
    I have started deleting messages, now it gets further before the error occurs, but it still occurs. I don't get this!!!
    04-23-09 07:39 PM
    I have started deleting messages, now it gets further before the error occurs, but it still occurs. I don't get this!!!
    You might have to delete all the messages. I know it sucks but if thats the fix then do you really have a choice.
    04-23-09 11:16 PM
    Well I gave in and deleted them all. Is this a common problem I'm going to have from now on?
    -Cyrus
    04-24-09 06:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD