OK Whats goin on, Its killin me and my battery! Theback light on my Storm STAYS ON, If i lock it it goes off, but as soon as I unlock it it goes on and STAYS ON WHY??? sometimes when its off, It will go on by itself and then stay on? Come too think of it, even when its locked the backlight will come back on and stay on!! Anybody having this problem? anybody know how too fix it? BOY that OS upgrade cant come soon enough! Thanks Crackberryland
    04-15-09 08:43 AM
    OK Whats goin on, Its killin me and my battery! Theback light on my Storm STAYS ON, If i lock it it goes off, but as soon as I unlock it it goes on and STAYS ON WHY??? sometimes when its off, It will go on by itself and then stay on? Come too think of it, even when its locked the backlight will come back on and stay on!! Anybody having this problem? anybody know how too fix it? BOY that OS upgrade cant come soon enough! Thanks Crackberryland
    Did you try options > screen/keyboard and turning automatically dim back light to on?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-15-09 09:39 AM
    common problem with .86 / .90 at least for me. try reloading your OS or just do a battery pull to fix it temporarily.

What OS are you running?
    04-15-09 09:50 AM
    Either an OS Update or a Batt pull seems to be what's up

I would recommend the .122/5.0.0.90 hybrid from lyricidal has been the best OS for me yet, and I have not had any problems since installed.
    04-15-09 10:29 AM
    IM still Running .75 Waiting patiently for the new OS to come out! I did not wanna get the unofficial ones. im trying too live with it till then. Just odd cause it just started happening
    04-15-09 10:42 AM
    IM still Running .75 Waiting patiently for the new OS to come out! I did not wanna get the unofficial ones. im trying too live with it till then. Just odd cause it just started happening
    Okay bro your gonna want to update...Im just telling you now. I had .75 and I thought it was pretty good until it kept reseting when i was txting during a call. I got fed up and went to CB uped to .122 v3.5 and never looked back. I love my new os it's faster, battery life is more efficent, and you get a fancy portrait keyboard. I would strongly recommend you take 2 hours and do it. That's all it takes, you just have to learn how to install the operating system and it's really not that hard you can do it pretty quick. Just do it and you will be happier I promise.

Lunch

PS: it will make the wait seem less lol
    04-15-09 10:52 AM
    i'm having the same problem and i have OS .109 installed. should i reinstall the OS again? actually, should i just upgrade again?
    04-15-09 11:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD