Yes, I searched first, and read all threads concerning Autotext before starting this thread.

Having said that, I've noticed that Autotext entries do not appear to work in the web browser, such as when filling in a text box, etc., but rather only in messages, (email, sms, mms and bb msgr), and within the applications that come pre-installed on the device (MemoPad, Calendar, etc.).

Since the web browser is a pre-installed BB app, I'm uncertain as to why Autotext cannot be used in it. If I am incorrect, can someone please explain what I might be doing wrong. If I am correct, has it always been this way with Blackberry devices, or is this unique to the Storm?

Thanks in advance.
    12-08-08 06:04 PM
    I agree. There are lots of apps that I've created AutoText shorthand to use but can't because AutoText does not work within that app. I even contacted one of the app developers - Ascendo Money - & they were surprised to hear that it didn't work.
    12-30-08 12:16 AM
    I know ...... Kind of annoying to have to type out my user name or email addy all the time, I love the time saving feature of autotext - let's see if that gets fixed in an OS in the future

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 01:10 AM
    Misread the op. My WE didn't do this either. Autotext works bit there is no autofill. See.s like a security risk to me if it did.
    Last edited by Rooster; 12-30-08 at 01:15 AM.
    12-30-08 01:11 AM
    I'd like to see an option to turn it on or off in any app with fields. I notice it works in this field I'm typing in right now, but not the URL field.

Last edited by Tom Munch; 12-30-08 at 09:01 AM.
    12-30-08 01:21 AM
    I agree Tom. It's disappointing that I cannot Autotext my email address in my web browser.

I don't know if we get enough posts in this thread AND someone from RIM happens to be looking - maybe... just maybe lol!

I'd like to see an option to turn it on or off in any app with fields. I notice it works in this field I'm typing in right now, but not the URL field.

01-04-09 10:38 AM
    Are there no developers out there looking to make a couple bucks by adding this kind of functionality, or does BB just not allow access to this system call? I don't know the BB OS - I'm newly here from the Palm camp, but there were all kinds of utilities to do this kind of thing on the Palm.
    01-04-09 10:53 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD