Is there any difference between these two functions?

Are they both considered off or is the sleep mode (while in the holster) in a higher power state?
    01-07-09 07:16 PM
    Sleep is higher power state. U still get calls and emails which isn't the case when off. Sometimes the connection to the network is severed when the phone is off.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-07-09 07:22 PM
    Auto off... Shuts the phone off...
    Sleep, turns off the screen...
    And other "things" that you tell it to.. sounds etc...

Two totally different things...
    Off you get nothing...
    Sleep you will get phone calls, txt's and emails.
    01-07-09 07:24 PM
    Auto off is a deeper sleep than holstered. Holstered just shuts off the display, while auto off shuts off the antenna and most every other part of the device.

Think of it like the difference between suspend and hibernate on a computer.
    01-07-09 08:20 PM
    So "lock in holster" under password settings is what we're talking about? Is "lock" the same as "Sleep" I have a Sedio holster, it locks the phone, but I have to unlock it when I remove it.
    01-08-09 05:39 PM
    So "lock in holster" under password settings is what we're talking about? Is "lock" the same as "Sleep" I have a Sedio holster, it locks the phone, but I have to unlock it when I remove it.
    I'm a BB newbie, but I believe those are two distinct things. 'Sleep' just turns off the screen to preserver battery life (maybe more reasons as well). Lock simply prevents anything from being 'activated' on the phone until you manually unlock it. It just automatically puts it in the same lock mode as when you press lock on the upper left corner of the phone. It does not take it out of lock mode automatically however.
    01-08-09 08:42 PM
    How do I set my phone to auto-off

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-09-09 01:22 AM
    How does it know when it is holstered? Are there sensors somewhere?
    01-22-09 09:11 AM
    How does it know when it is holstered? Are there sensors somewhere?
    Yes, there is a magnetic in BB holster which supports the sleep function. Not all holsters have this.
    01-22-09 09:30 AM
    Oh, thanks. Would have been better if it had a proximity sensor, then I couldn't push soft keys with my cheek when on a call.
    01-22-09 01:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD