Hi all,

I'm having an issue with the audio playback in my car from my Storm. I'm using an auxiliary (mp3 player) input to connect the Storm directly into my car stereo. The issue I'm having is that often when I plug in the jack, the audio continues to play out of the Storm's speaker and not through the car stereo. If I reinsert the jack a few times it eventually switches, but every time the song ends and a new track begins, it switches back to the speakerphone! This happens when using the BB media player, and also happens when using Slacker. Anyone out there have a clue what's going on?

BTW: This never happens when I use headphones, only when I use the aux jack in my car. ..and I don't think it's a problem with the aux input in the car either, cause I've used it with many other mp3 players I've owned and never had a problem.

Thanks,
    soxfan312
    02-28-09 08:26 AM
    It's possible that the brand of aux input you are using has a slightly odd placement of rings on the 1/8" male connection...if the contacts don't line up well, the Storm might not interpret the insertion without a little adjustment.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-28-09 08:45 AM
    Thanks for the advice.

To check your theory, I added a 10� headphone extension cable onto my car's aux jack (thereby changing the male plug going into the Storm) and now it plays through my stereo perfectly. Well� not quite, as the audio quality with the storm is still not as good as with my $30 Sansa Clip. Hopefully that will improve with future OS updates. I�m still using .75 BTW.
    02-28-09 09:26 AM
    I've finally found someone with the same issue. On Friday, I was listening to my music just fine using the 1/8" output, then suddenly (after using this thing the same way since the storm release) it won't play out of the 1/8" jack. Not in my car, not in my earbuds, not in my headphones. I can pinpoint it to the exact moment that it all changed, but I did nothing different. Right now, I'm thinking it's a software bug. I can get it to play out for one song, then once the track changes it plays the music out of the phone, not the headphone jack. AHHHHH!!!!!
    03-02-09 08:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD