OK, I'm pretty sure I've seen this issue pop up here in the forums already, but I apologize as my searching has come up empty forcing me to open this thread.

Here's my issue: Sometimes when I get a new message (email, SMS, etc...) my device will not sound the audible alert I have set. It will vibrate and the red light will start flashing, but no sound at all. What's strange is that I will notice this and be like "what gives?!?" but then 20 minutes later another message will come in and it will work perfectly fine. When I notice it happening a lot, a battery pull usually fixes it, but it has always returned eventually. I am running .151, and don't think this was occurring when I had .148. Anyone else notice this? Anyone know what a possible cause is, or of a (permanent) fix?

Also, I do not have any custom tones for any of my contacts, everyone uses the default tone.
    07-23-09 09:49 AM
    I've had this problem with all the OS's, only I have custom alerts for different contacts. For example, when I get several SMS's from the same contact, it usually gives me their custom alert tone, but occasionally it will give me the default tone, or sometimes no tone and just the LED. It seems to be pretty random and a little annoying!
    08-14-09 04:44 PM
    I have the same issue with my alerts. Running .148 and it happens randomly for no apparent reason.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 06:02 PM
    Think I found a fix....thanks to CIVIC in another post.
    Go to Desktop Manager>Backup & Restore>Advanced. Scroll down the list on the right side to "Sounds". Select it and click "Clear". This will clear all your custom alerts/ringtones. Then go back thru your contacts and re-assign them. There seems to be something that corrupts the "Sounds" database and this seems to fix it. I know it's kind of a pain, but hopefully it's worth it. I'll post again if the problem pops up again.....but so far, so good!
    08-19-09 11:51 AM
    Back to the drawing board......what I thought would fix the random alert sounds (clearing the sound database) doesn't seem to work either! Still getting the occasional random alert sound. Using the default theme too, so that's not the problem. Anyone have any other ideas???
    09-03-09 03:51 PM
    any fixes tet?
    09-08-09 11:07 PM
    Mine does the same exact thing. Its very annoying especially when it just decides to not alert me at all(it will always show the indicator though). Hopefully someone has a fix.
    Just out of curiosity are all your tones on your memory card? I had considered moving them to my device memory but haven't had the time lately.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-09-09 09:48 AM
    Same problem here on .167; although, I didn't have the problem on .148. I'm thinking it might be a leaked OS problem.
    09-09-09 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD