SWEET! I am glad to see people are getting excited again! I think this phone is going to be AWESOME! I could care less about a "gap." EVERY phone on the market has some type of "flaw" according to one person or another. What's so great about BB is the ability to make it your own and customize it for real world use (not just adding your favorite playlist and yes that is a dig at iphone).
    11-15-08 07:41 PM
    well I personally don't care what anyone has to say about the phone. CX has given me and all of the CB world great info on the phone and so has others that posted pics so I don't care about the negativity of the phone. I will still be getting the storm I feel the same as I did months ago when I heard about it coming out. The no wifi thing didn't even sway my thoughts. I do appreciate the honest input of CB memebers for us that havent recieved it as well. the whole GAP thing? who cares if you aren't buying the storm because of the gap then you been lying to yourself all this time you had no intentions in buying you just wanted in on the fun!!
    You go for it!! Everyone is different and until you try it out for yourself you dont know what you like. I wasnt a touch screen fan but this is touch screen with a difference. And the difference is, you still got the qwerty keyboard to give you the crackberryness mmmmmmm.
    11-15-08 07:50 PM
    And if anyone thinks that the iPhone design is 'solid', try:
    -back cover that scratches if you stare at it for too long
    -chrome bezel around screen (see above)
    -cracks appearing around docking area (and i treated my iPhone like its my firstborn lol)
    -batteries that heat/discharge power for no reason.

Don't get me wrong, nothing is perfect.
    The 1st gen, 2G iPhone was the most solid of all though.
    I seem to remember mentioning the iPhone (as in non-3G version) when I mentioned solid above. So, we're in agrement, the 1st gen was better. I really wish people would stop putting words in my mouth or assuming what they "think" I meant. And yes, I know there needs to be a small gap to allow for the screen to function on the z axis movement, but it didn't need to be that large.
    11-15-08 08:12 PM
    Hello everyone this is my first post here...So here I go.....I'm a System Admin at my company that lives’ and breath off of email...and I wanted to see if Apple was right that this was ready for the business environment world..So I had set this up and let me tell you it the phone sucked, but it looks great,
    1. You can’t send email attachment (which everyone here uses)...oh yes people might say you can...but the only way you can is by saving the document as a picture then you can send it....very bad.
    2. Cut & Paste...why this was not included I have no idea what Apple was thinking.
    3. AT&T....the worse network in the world next to T-Mobile.
    4. I put this thing down on my desk and MY GOD Scratches.
    5. Lockups all day long.
    6. Rebooting when I'm trying to send an email...

The only good thing about this phone is the media player and the Apples store...top notch...Apple has that lock down

I can go on and on but I'm not...so if the only thing that's wrong with the Storm is just a gap then I rather have a gap than all the issues I'm having with this thing. I will be getting my Storm Friday...then I will see if the storm holds up in my environment
    Last edited by dawilliams660; 11-15-08 at 09:27 PM.
    11-15-08 09:15 PM
    I am a happy iPod touch owner, and I will vouch for the fact that it sure is BEEautiful, but try replacing the battery in the middle of a long road trip. Oh... yeah. Form over function... is not something we should encourage.
    I'm with you on this. I love my Touch but you can't replace the battery and I will not compromise my service by switching to AT&T. For many of you the Big A is probably fine but where I live in NJ it VZW is the best. Also on the Touch, it is very sensitive to....well.....the touch. I think tactical feedback will be better for me.
    11-15-08 09:30 PM
    Just to clarify VZW had the rights to the iPhone and turned it down due to all the "ISSUES" it had/has......trust me VZW has put the Storm through many vigorous tests......
    11-15-08 09:40 PM
    Hello everyone this is my first post here...So here I go.....I'm a System Admin at my company that lives’ and breath off of email...and I wanted to see if Apple was right that this was ready for the business environment world..So I had set this up and let me tell you it the phone sucked, but it looks great,
    1. You can’t send email attachment (which everyone here uses)...oh yes people might say you can...but the only way you can is by saving the document as a picture then you can send it....very bad.
    2. Cut & Paste...why this was not included I have no idea what Apple was thinking.
    3. AT&T....the worse network in the world next to T-Mobile.
    4. I put this thing down on my desk and MY GOD Scratches.
    5. Lockups all day long.
    6. Rebooting when I'm trying to send an email...

The only good thing about this phone is the media player and the Apples store...top notch...Apple has that lock down

I can go on and on but I'm not...so if the only thing that's wrong with the Storm is just a gap then I rather have a gap than all the issues I'm having with this thing. I will be getting my Storm Friday...then I will see if the storm holds up in my environment
    Hummm, I have 6 users that use iPhones on an Exchange server for a corporate client. 4 old and 2 new. No problems whatsoever. They all like them and they get their emails/contacts/calendars just fine.
    11-15-08 10:02 PM
    All this talk about the gap, I just noticed my computer screen has a huge gap around it lol...anyway, the gap son;t stop me from buying the this phone..
    11-15-08 10:11 PM
    Hummm, I have 6 users that use iPhones on an Exchange server for a corporate client. 4 old and 2 new. No problems whatsoever. They all like them and they get their emails/contacts/calendars just fine.
    Good for them. That wasn't one of the problems the poster you quoted mentioned. Calm down Civic...
    11-15-08 10:14 PM
    Good for them. That wasn't one of the problems the poster you quoted mentioned. Calm down Civic...
    I am calm. Did you see anything in my sentences that indicated I wasn't calm? Here's you're sign...
    11-15-08 10:15 PM
    WOW!! No offense to anyone but i just got home from work and i was reading this thread, and you guys just take this way to serious and personal. I mean get a grip, if you like it thats great its gonna be an awesome phone, if you dont thats fine to. dont buy it. But to sit here and ***** and moan about a frikin tiny gap, its kinda silly. and then go on ant take shots back and forth at one another, it really gets to be a bit much.
    11-15-08 10:42 PM
    Maybe they are not telling you, maybe they don't care because they like Apple so much that they will live with the problems.....And just so you know we had a few people too that had the same issue I had and they all wanted to move off of that Phone...some of them moved to Sprint and some to Verizon and T-Mobile.....

I never said anything about exchange if you read my post.
    Last edited by dawilliams660; 11-16-08 at 01:09 AM.
    11-16-08 12:48 AM
    Maybe they are not telling you, maybe they don't care because they like Apple so much that they will live with the problems.....And just so you know we had a few people too that had the same issue I had and they all wanted to move off of that Phone...some of them moved to Sprint and some to Verizon and T-Mobile.....
    I dunno man, they're all on the latest OS and I check with them every other week or so. Anyway, I'm not saying it's perfect, it does take forever to wipe (remote or local... doesn't matter, all the same slow speed). Biggest thing they liked was their email coming in as HTML as apposed to txt only. Two of them even moved from BBs to the iPhone. They seem happy with their full wireless ActiveSync. Oh well, what works for some doesn't always work for others...
    11-16-08 12:56 AM
    what works for some doesn't always work for others...
    That's true
    11-16-08 01:11 AM
    He's got an Iphone,
    I'm gonna buy me a Storm.....nananananaaaa

Come on..... If you got the Iphone fine I'm happy 4ya...

About the gap...whut gap.....LMAO
    11-16-08 01:23 AM
    OMG, some of you people don't seem to get this. I and everyone who agrees with me about the screen gap know that the floating screen mechanism needs "some" gap to work. No kidding! The point is that the screen DOES NOT NEED THAT MUCH GAP TO WORK. I don't think RIM has heard of feeler gauges because almost a mm worth of gap is not needed for the damn thing to work. The fit and finish is bullisht, just like it was on the newest 8330 Curve. It's rushed and it's cheap looking. Bottom line. I'm not an Apple fan boy at all, but if you look at an iPhone, THAT THING IS SOLID. Perfect fit and finish. RIM should pay closer attention. Even HTC's newer models released since and after the introduction of the Touch have better fit and finish then this.
    You should do some research Civic. This iPhone has had some pretty serious screen misalignment and gap issues itself. I know some pretty reputable folks who needed to return their iPhone 4-5-6 even 7 times to get one that was "up to par". And I am sitting on the fence between the Storm and the iPhone Civic. I'm going to try the Storm for 30 days and see what pop's over at Apple after Jan 5 2009 - then I will decide witch OS/Phone I will give my 2 years to.
    11-16-08 01:32 AM
    lol, no iPhone for me. I gouge my eyes out every time I have to touch one on the slow AT&T network.

I is a BB uzer yo!

I haven't seen an issue as you describe above with any of the ones I've touched. Not saying you haven't read up on any, but I'm going by what I've seen and not seen.
    11-16-08 01:34 AM
    i have trained my mind to think " there is no spoon.... wait... i mean gap..." lol
    11-16-08 01:34 AM
    Well I saw some of the PICs of the gap and it's not that big or that bad, I'm still going to get the Strom....our Verizon Rep will be in on Monday i will order it then
    Last edited by dawilliams660; 11-16-08 at 02:16 AM.
    11-16-08 02:11 AM
    I'm just going to say, I don't post on the boards much, but I read the boards, forums, reviews, etc. daily, maybe more like 2 to 3 times a day to see if anything new has come up. And I am so very excited about the storm. so excited.

All I can say is I'm excited about the storm. I had my first pearl for about 6 months, the trackball mechanism, literally, fell apart, so I've gotten a new one but I'm still so very excited for the storm no matter the flaws, every phone has them, some more than others but what can you do?

side note: A friend of mine bought the 3G iphone the day it came out, he was 4th in line, and within a week, when apple released the update, it bricked it. not once, not twice. THREE times. each time he had to have a new phone to replace the bricked one. I know that wasn't the case with all iphones, but 3 times? that's a little crazy, and I don't know if I'm so keen on losing/ transferring all my contacts, etc. from a device more than once. Even with a new device, the updates that the manufacturer sends out to update a phone. shouldn't cause it to become a 400.00 paperweight within 3 weeks of purchase. not to mention the amount it cost to drive back and forth to a corporate ATT or Apple store.
    11-16-08 02:30 AM
    ughh yah that sounds like it would be annoying but i had my iphone no problems it was a great phone but .. im willing to bet the bb storm will keep me far more productive.
    11-16-08 02:47 AM
    Right now! I've had the Storm since Friday and have played with it all weekend. Initially I had reservations about the screen but as I've become familiar with it, I can now say I love it. Being able to select something but not actually action it until you click is more powerful than you realise - I have an iPhone and I've found myself trying to click the screen this morning. The number of times I've accidentally opened up an app while moving between screens on the iPhone..... RIM have the click thing right.

Now, to deal with the 'gap' issue. Maybe it's because you guys haven't actually had the chance to use a Storm for real but I can't believe the focus this is getting. I keep looking at the screen and thinking, should I be bothered about this? I'm a pretty fastidious person and easily irritated by imperfection - the iPhone bezel being one example - but honestly the 'gap' doesn't appear on my radar. It's not uneven or squint, it just looks right. If I hadn't read this thread, I'd be none the wiser to be honest.

So, be cool guys, it's a fantastic device and the majority of you will love it. Yes, the OS needs a bit more polishing but that will come within weeks. I also have a Bold (I know, I know, I'm a gadgeteer) and the latest OS, compared to the one it launched with, is light years ahead. The same will be true for the Storm.
    11-16-08 03:28 AM
    I have an iPhone and I've found myself trying to click the screen this morning.

I also have a Bold (I know, I know, I'm a gadgeteer) and the latest OS, compared to the one it launched with, is light years ahead. The same will be true for the Storm.
    Hi Pete

Just wanted to say that I am glad I am not the only person that has tried to press the screen on their iPhone after useing the Storm!

By the way we have the same phones. I have an iPhone 3G on contract with o2, a Blackberry Bold that I bought on ebay and has a vodafone sim-only contract sim in it and a Storm thats on contract and arrived on Friday.

I don't know if I am keeping my Storm yet, I just can't type on it.(I find the iPhone easier to type on). I really want to love this phone but if I don't like it now then there is no point in going into an 18 month contract.

Alex
    11-16-08 06:03 AM
    Just to clarify VZW had the rights to the iPhone and turned it down due to all the "ISSUES" it had/has......trust me VZW has put the Storm through many vigorous tests......
    Not correct imo. Apple is making all the $$$. Go look what Apple did during the last reported earnings it rockted the stock. AT&T reported record net adds and tanked when the reports hit they had to shell out $900 million to Apple.
    11-16-08 09:00 AM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD