My biggest issue with the BB calendar is that there are no categories!!

I think this is such a huge oversight and the only reason I still carry my palm with me and with a quick search on the web I know I'm am not alone in this.

So here is my suggestion. If there are any developers reading this right now...a good way to make a **** load of money is create a calendar with categories and have it able to pull up info from contacts... I, as well as A LOT of others, would pay good $$$ to have something like that and I have searched and searched and have found NOTHING that even comes close to that for the BB.

It doesn't even have to be anything special...just an easy to read, easy to input calender that gives the options of having categories for appointments....good model to look at would be the Palm T5 calendar.

Just a thought
    03-05-09 03:11 AM
    Have a look at Calendar Pro. It might wind up being close to what you're looking for and I think they're looking for feedback at the moment.

"Calendar Pro brings some great new innovations with its item editors that are designed to ship improved user experience whether you create new appointments/tasks or edit existing items. Each of the editors is divided to tabs for: description fields in the first tab, full screen note editor and last tab including recurrence information. With upcoming public beta versions plan to add a new tab to edit your categories selection for each item (once we complete addition of category colors and icons support too)"

SBSH Calendar Pro for BlackBerry first public beta is here! - SBSH Mobile Software Forums
    03-05-09 03:47 AM
    Temp fix is each Email account on the device can beassigned a different color.

So, calendar wise, I use each Eamil as a catagory.

Red email= work
    yellow email = Son #1
    Blue email = son #2

ETC
    03-05-09 10:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD