Those of you who bought a storm is the transition from physical keybaord to touchscreen less than efficient?

Most of us power users can hammer out emails, im's, and texts at a fast pace, but a lot of the reviews from the notable websites say it is a pain to type fast as you have lift each finger and depress before you hit the next key.

Also has anyone found settings on their Storm to adjust typing/touch sensitivity?

All opinions and feedback would be appreciated as this is the only holdup from me buying the storm. Cause I know the all the bugs and lagginess will eventually solved by OS updates, I'm just not to sure if they can improve type/touch issues.
    11-21-08 10:56 AM
    Try searching the forums. Quesiton #2 has been answered. Options/screen_keyboard/

It is a pain to type fast at first but it's getting a lot quicker as I learn how.
    11-21-08 11:01 AM
    Try searching the forums. Quesiton #2 has been answered. Options/screen_keyboard/

It is a pain to type fast at first but it's getting a lot quicker as I learn how.

but compared to your previous BB typing experience do you think you will be able(or eventually) to produce the same results with the Storm?
    11-21-08 11:05 AM
    Hey rythatguy, check the front page under the "Verizon Storm Review Roundups" Kevin has tips on how to configure the touch settings.
    11-21-08 11:06 AM
    I don't think I will every be as fast but I think I will be close. One REALLY annoying thing is that you can only enter one key at a time. So no more holding the number key down to enter a long string of numbers. Obv. not that big a deal once you get used to turning on the num lock.

I think it will be OK but if you email a ton it's probably not going to work. I dunno though I've been fairly OK with it so far.
    11-21-08 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD