My dad went to ATT Store yesterday to talk abt switching to ATT from Verizon. He asked the salesperson if ATT is getting Blackberry Storm and then the salesperson said, Yes, We are getting Blackberry Storm. Totally full of bull****. He's trying to lure my dad to switch to att from verizon. My dad wants me to switch to ATT from verizon so I aint switching... ATT. Staying with verizon for good....
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-03-08 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly.
    10-03-08 06:22 AM
    Why would your dad want to switch from VZW to AT&T?? And no, they ARE NOT getting the Storm.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-03-08 06:33 AM
    Switching from VZW to ATT is like going from a BB bold to Motorola Razor.... Seriously you made the right choice by not switching... ATT is horrible not only when it comes to Customer service but the actual service it self...and i say this from experience i cant even begin to count how many times i would experience dropped calls and static-y connections when i was with them... plus look at how they blatantly lied to your father in order to try to get his business.... sad very sad...but when your a sub par provider i guess the only way to get customers is to lie to them...
    10-03-08 06:46 AM
    Yea, but there's one problem... He listened to my older brother who have iPhone 3G and telling him that the service r the best... Bull****.... Im not saying anything to them til i get the Storm.
    10-03-08 06:49 AM
    Yea, but there's one problem... He listened to my older brother who have iPhone 3G and telling him that the service r the best... Bull****.... Im not saying anything to them til i get the Storm.
    I-Phone... Ewwwww i think i just puked in my mouth.... not to be rude Norsk but does your brother "pop his collar" as well lol or maybe he rides the short bus... J/k i just figured its gotta be one of those two in order to have the audacity to make a comment like that i mean seriously AT&T is HORRIBLE....
    10-03-08 07:02 AM
    I-Phone... Ewwwww i think i just puked in my mouth.... not to be rude Norsk but does your brother "pop his collar" as well lol or maybe he rides the short bus... J/k i just figured its gotta be one of those two in order to have the audacity to make a comment like that i mean seriously AT&T is HORRIBLE....

LOL, very funny... i dont know why he got the iphone.... not my problem...
    10-03-08 07:07 AM
    LOL, very funny... i dont know why he got the iphone.... not my problem...

Very tru.... its ok he's gunna hate life when the storm comes out to play...
    10-03-08 07:10 AM
    Very tru.... its ok he's gunna hate life when the storm comes out to play...
    Yup, I agree with you 100%.... My bro cannot send pix txt from his iphone to me on my verizon LG env. That really blows....
    10-03-08 07:11 AM
    LOL, allow me to rebut--I've not had even one IOTA of trouble with ATT--not ONE dropped call, and whenever I need customer service, the people could NOT be more kind, polite and professional.....I wonder what it is about human beings that makes us want to put down those who are not the same?
    10-03-08 07:15 AM
    Yup, I agree with you 100%.... My bro cannot send pix txt from his iphone to me on my verizon LG env. That really blows....
    ya i know thats why i think they should make a commercial kinda like the trix commercial...

"Silly Norsk...I-phones are for kids..."
    10-03-08 07:15 AM
    I know the feeling, one friend even lent me theirs for a day or so trying to convince me of AT&T and iphones greatness... he must have forgot that I don't live in town, and in Montana, AT&T doesn't really exist...
    10-03-08 07:17 AM
    actually att will be getting the gsm version of the phone, not anytime soon but he's not full of bs as you say. they will probably get it sometime next year
    10-03-08 07:19 AM
    actually att will be getting the gsm version of the phone, not anytime soon but he's not full of bs as you say. they will probably get it sometime next year
    Hmm Do you have any information to back up your post because as far as all the leaked information... this phone will be an Exclusive to VZW and the GSM versions are for over seas.... i have heard rumors about being able to unlock an over seas version to use on AT&T's horrible network but have yet to hear about them getting the device... so a link or somthing credible as to where you heard this would be nice...
    10-03-08 07:24 AM
    so sorry to hear you think att is horrible, so its not for you thats fine. and as far as my last post, so i was incorrect i apologize i miss read the info as far as att getting the phone. i stand corrected it was talking about being able to unlock the overseas for use on our gsm in the states
    10-03-08 07:39 AM
    so sorry to hear you think att is horrible, so its not for you thats fine. and as far as my last post, so i was incorrect i apologize i miss read the info as far as att getting the phone. i stand corrected it was talking about being able to unlock the overseas for use on our gsm in the states
    No worries Addict83...i was just curious as i have been following the release of this device closely and had yet to hear any info like that so i immediately thought i missed something...In regards to AT&T nothing personal i'm just a die hard AT&T Hater...I have 3-years worth of bad experience's and horror stories with them which is where my hater status comes from...but hey to each their own...
    10-03-08 07:44 AM
    My dad went to ATT Store yesterday to talk abt switching to ATT from Verizon. He asked the salesperson if ATT is getting Blackberry Storm and then the salesperson said, Yes, We are getting Blackberry Storm. Totally full of bull****. He's trying to lure my dad to switch to att from verizon. My dad wants me to switch to ATT from verizon so I aint switching to ... ATT. Staying with verizon for good....
    Why don't you just do this. Buy a 9500 Storm from Vodafone unlock it and then you can use it on AT&T's EDGE AND their 3G network. You will also be able to use Voice AND Data on AT&T's ... network, but those on Verizon can't say the same thing!
    Listen, all carriers have their problems, but all this AT&T bashing is nonsense. Regardless, everyones point was made by their first post. Drop it.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-03-08 at 12:40 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly
    10-03-08 07:44 AM
    Addict is correct att will be getting a gsm storm eventually I am an att rep and the one your father talked to was not full of bs.

10-03-08 09:01 AM
    Hmm Do you have any information to back up your post because as far as all the leaked information... this phone will be an Exclusive to VZW and the GSM versions are for over seas.... i have heard rumors about being able to unlock an over seas version to use on AT&T's horrible network but have yet to hear about them getting the device... so a link or somthing credible as to where you heard this would be nice...
    So here's the deal... The Storm (9530) will indeed be a Verizon exlusive, and yes the Thunder (9500, the Storm's GSM counterpart) will come to ATT eventually. As per my understanding, the Storm will be a hybrid device, and will actually be one of the few CDMA devices that can be unlocked to use on GSM networks. It does not, however, support 3g, and will function on ATT's EDGE network. I myself thought for the longest that this was BS, however it is so, as per information from inside sources.
    10-03-08 09:07 AM
    Why don't you just do this. Buy a 9500 Storm from Vodafone unlock it and then you can use it on AT&T's EDGE AND their 3G network. You will also be able to use Voice AND Data on AT&T's **** ty network, but those on Verizon can't say the same thing!
    Listen, all carriers have their problems, but all this AT&T bashing is nonsense. Regardless, everyones point was made by their first post. Drop it.
    Doesn't Norsk993 have the right to voice his opinions, even if you or anyone else disagrees? You may believe his complaints are nonsense but to him he might have real issues with AT&T. That's why I like reading Crackberry forums instead of BG. At least here, all viewpoints can be heard.

10-03-08 09:08 AM
    So here's the deal... The Storm (9530) will indeed be a Verizon exlusive, and yes the Thunder (9500, the Storm's GSM counterpart) will come to ATT eventually. As per my understanding, the Storm will be a hybrid device, and will actually be one of the few CDMA devices that can be unlocked to use on GSM networks. It does not, however, support 3g, and will function on ATT's EDGE network. I myself thought for the longest that this was BS, however it is so, as per information from inside sources.
    Correct JJ. The 9530 will not work on AT&T's 3G. But... the 9500 will.
    10-03-08 09:09 AM
    Correct JJ. The 9530 will not work on AT&T's 3G. But... the 9500 will.
    Yup yup. I learned that from a swell guy just yesterday.
    10-03-08 09:11 AM
    Yup yup. I learned that from a swell guy just yesterday.
    lol.........
    10-03-08 09:12 AM
    Doesn't Norsk993 have the right to voice his opinions, even if you or anyone else disagrees? You may believe his complaints are nonsense but to him he might have real issues with AT&T. That's why I like reading Crackberry forums instead of BG. At least here, all viewpoints can be heard.

Yes he does have to the right to voice his opinions, but in the past and here lately the these kind of opinions always start some kind of carrier war. I agree I do like reading here rather than anywhere else because you can voice opinions. However the way he worded it saying that the rep is ... not the way to go about. There are guidelines and rules to follow one being language. This is a family place and needs to be kept as clean as possible. Just my 2 cents
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-03-08 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly
    10-03-08 09:14 AM
    Yes he does have to the right to voice his opinions, but in the past and here lately the these kind of opinions always start some kind of carrier war. I agree I do like reading here rather than anywhere else because you can voice opinions. However the way he worded it saying that the rep is ... not the way to go about. There are guidelines and rules to follow one being language. This is a family place and needs to be kept as clean as possible. Just my 2 cents
    Agreed. There are WAY too many carrier wars that have been igniting lately, and it's just silly and pointless. I am loyal to Verizon, despite some issues as of late, but that doesn't mean that I hate ATT or Tmobile or am offended by any individual who prefers either carrier.

As stated, there are guidelines to this forum for a reason. To start a post saying that one carrier is full of BS or lame or crap because of one reason or another is pointless and will only return negative responses generally. Now, starting a thread with an subjective title such as "Unhappy with ATT" or "Why I'm thinking of leaving Verizon" is a whole different story. This route always generates a more positive and unbiased response base.
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 10-03-08 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Language, keep it family friendly
    10-03-08 09:19 AM
    Guys,

I never had an issue with att... I only heard complaints from my friends who have ATT. Im just only voicing my opinions, not complaining... I had real issure with Tmobile Sk1, Sk2, Sk3. FYI, I am hearing impaired. Well, I am not bashing on ATT because I find this suspuicous with ATT saying that they will be getting Storm.
    10-03-08 09:38 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD