Anyone have experience with an asurion replacement? I know it;s a refurb phone(it says so right on the white tag under the battery) and obviously the battery is not an OEM RIM battery...
    I find that since ive had it (4 days) the batter almost runs out by night time, down to like 20%, whereas my original RIM battery in comparison wouldnt hit below 40%, if it even got below 50%.

Anyone else find that a replacement battery just doesnt work as well as the oem? This is pretty upsetting that it runs down so low. I have the same set up with actually LESS apps on my replacement phone, so its nothing new that im doing wrong.
    Last edited by romajr86; 07-03-09 at 07:35 PM.
    07-03-09 07:31 PM
    The handset itself is fine. In fact, it came already with .148 os and so far i've had better memory at start-up and throughout usage then i did with my old device. It was in fine shape too. I've gone through Asurion a few times with past phones and never really had a problem. Guess ill call them tomorrow.
    07-03-09 09:04 PM
    I called and one thing they had my do was remove the battery and hold the end button down for 15 seconds. She claims it removes static from the charge port or something like that.

She said to use it with my sd card removed for the remainder of the day and see if it the battery loses power. If it does without the sd card, it may just be the battery itself. If it doesnt lost power without the sd card, its something with the handset. She said I could also try re-formatting the sd card and use it after the reformat.
    07-04-09 01:29 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD