The asterisk or lil star that pop up when u get a email is not showing up on mine anymore. It pops up for the message one, but not for my email one. Any solution to this problem?
    02-12-09 10:06 AM
    any help would be gr8 thanks
    02-12-09 10:14 AM
    I'm having the same exact problem now... I started another thread about this with some more detail about what I did.

To sum it up - I deleted an email account on BIS and recreated it. I was sure to delete the service books and resend, I even did a battery pull but still no asterisk ** for the individual account only on the "messages" icon.
    02-17-09 09:51 PM
    sometimes you just need a good old fashioned battery pull
    ...if you didn't try it already
    02-17-09 10:04 PM
    sometimes you just need a good old fashioned battery pull
    ...if you didn't try it already
    02-17-09 10:04 PM
    Wow I thought I was the only one with this problem.
    Battery pulls have not helped. I don't even thing I've edited anything on the bis recently so I'm still trying to figure out what triggered this problem.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-17-09 10:15 PM
    Yeah I tried a battery pull already. No dice...

02-17-09 10:31 PM
    i'm running BES and also have this problem. i would love to know how to correct this!
    02-18-09 12:12 AM
    Same problem, just on home page though, no asterisk for e-mail or messages.
    02-18-09 02:49 AM
    Just curious? What OS is everyone using? Original or a leaked version?
    02-18-09 07:35 AM
    I don't know if this applies to all builds, but I fixed it by changing my home screen layout from "4x4" to "default". I had played around with different layouts, and put it back to "4x4". Putting it back to "default" got my asterisks working again.
    02-18-09 08:01 AM
    Ok folks looks like resending your service books solves the problem too.
    I still have my layout at 4x4.

02-18-09 08:26 AM
    Here is an update:

1. I resent the service books MANY times. I manually deleted them too and resent
    2. I tried moving it from 4x4 to default
    3. I am using the .75 OS
    4. I pulled the battery many times

Still no asterisk
    02-18-09 09:24 AM
    I have this issue also (just began happening BTW). Oddly enough if I rotate the phone and then back again it appears.

Something is not being trigered to refrtesh the screen. That is why the rotation works to refresh.

This started after I tried 103 and went back to 90. (And yes a did a wipe)
    02-18-09 09:49 AM
    I have this issue also (just began happening BTW). Oddly enough if I rotate the phone and then back again it appears.

Something is not being trigered to refrtesh the screen. That is why the rotation works to refresh.

This started after I tried 103 and went back to 90. (And yes a did a wipe)
    Rotate does NOT work for me...

The Messages icon DOES get the * asterisk but the individual mailboxes (work and gmail) do NOT get the asterisk.
    02-18-09 10:00 AM
    Anyone else find it weird that this issue is just coming up now? Do you think RIM somehow updated the service book that caused this error? I'm just wondering if its its a RIM problem vs device problem

02-18-09 10:06 AM
    Hi

I just reinstalled Gmail and had this asterik problem. I did a actual battery pull, not quick pull and it went away.

My storm was working great until I tried to load the latest Beta OS and bricked it. I never got the backup to work properly and lost everything except my contacts. Hence the gmail problem.

It seems to be a software issue that hopefully will get fixed with the next os which looks like it will be out in 2010
    03-01-09 12:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD