Didn't really find a thread where this was discussed in a positive nature, more people frustrated that the Storm doesn't have these, so thought I'd post a thread seein which Apps we would like to see.

Personally I'd like to see a Chase App. I work for Chase and as of today there is an app available for the iPhone (I know because we got trained on how to coach iPhone users thru it). It lets you check you online banking and uses the GPS feature to find branches and ATM's. I think this would be very useful on a business phone like the BB.

Also a paint or photoshop type app would be great as well, I think it would really utilize the touch screen feature.

What do you guys got?
    12-15-08 11:11 AM
    Didn't really find a thread where this was discussed in a positive nature, more people frustrated that the Storm doesn't have these, so thought I'd post a thread seein which Apps we would like to see.

Personally I'd like to see a Chase App. I work for Chase and as of today there is an app available for the iPhone (I know because we got trained on how to coach iPhone users thru it). It lets you check you online banking and uses the GPS feature to find branches and ATM's. I think this would be very useful on a business phone like the BB.

Also a paint or photoshop type app would be great as well, I think it would really utilize the touch screen feature.

What do you guys got?

Give developers time to make applications. This is a new UI and it will take time to get applications ready. Apple didn't have an App store day one. They didn't launch the software for developers until March 2008 and remember the phone came out in 07, and the app store wasn't available until July of this year. I know how you feel about wanting apps, but just be a little patient and things will get moving.
    12-15-08 11:20 AM
    oh no, I'm not saying they have to have these right now, I completely understand about developers needing time. I'm just wanting to see what kind of ideas the fellow Crackberry users had that they think would be great for this new device that's all
    12-15-08 11:24 AM
    I want iBeer and iPopcorn and iSoda.

Other than the basics, google maps, facebook, myspace, weather eye, etc. I think I am good.
    12-15-08 11:25 AM
    I'm with Jason...only on the Flip!
    12-15-08 11:25 AM
    i want some cool games
    12-15-08 11:28 AM
    I had an iPhone and a G1 momentarily....that being said, I miss the "Shazam" program...
    12-15-08 11:28 AM
    I had an iPhone and a G1 momentarily....that being said, I miss the "Shazam" program...
    I remember reading that a BB 3rd party developer is working on this. Shazam would be a great add-on.
    12-15-08 11:30 AM
    Almost all the heavy video apps will be a non-sarter since the BlackBerry does not have a GPU lke the iPhoney. No graphics acceleration.

I would like an app that I once had on a Sony-Ericsson P1i (Symbian/UIQ3). This was a camera (3.2 megapixels) based app that acted as a business card scanner. It converted it via OCR to a vcf format that went right into the SE's contats and then right into Outlook.

There are several developers on CB and a number of them are looking for commercial ideas. One of them, zaventh has written some neat utilities so if you get anything that you want written and are prepared to pay for, drop him or one of the others a PM.
    12-15-08 11:31 AM
    I need a time tracker/billing program for consulting work.
    12-15-08 11:32 AM
    I need a time tracker/billing program for consulting work.
    Check out the CB app store. They have exactly what you're looking for.
    12-15-08 11:33 AM
    Im new to the BB/APP world, so I would like to see anything but just more as soon as possible

Oh I would also like to see them FREE
    12-15-08 11:35 AM
    oh no, I'm not saying they have to have these right now, I completely understand about developers needing time. I'm just wanting to see what kind of ideas the fellow Crackberry users had that they think would be great for this new device that's all
    That's cool. I just didn't want you to get too frustrated about not having a lot of apps at the moment lol.
    12-15-08 11:36 AM
    About the only thing I'd really like to see, is a single mobile banking app that lets me access my account info for my checking account, credit cards, loans, etc.

I really think that all the major lending institutions should come together to create a joint subsidiary company (to keep development costs down) to develop just such an app. Instead of each company developing its own mobile banking solutions. It could be released not just for the BB, but Jesus Phone, and Windows Mobile. It should also be free, or included in the various fees you pay to do business with a lot of these companies.

Only problem I see with such an app, is it's a single point of failure. If that app is ever compromised, all the accounts that might be managed with it are also compromised. I know BB's have a self-destruct option, but I can't say whether or not the Jesus Phone or WinMo phones have anything comparable.

I suppose it would also be nice to see some native Mac tools. Also the ability to sync with Mozilla Sunbird/Lightning instead of just the security train wreck Outlook would be nice. Google Sync more or less fills that particular void, but it'd be nice to have an offline option as well.

I'd like to see a GPS program that's pedestrian oriented, and lets you tie into public transit schedules like Google Maps. I'd settle for a Google Maps updated to work with the Storm's GPS though.

For the most part though, the Storm already does pretty much everything I want it to do. Granted I'm coming from an LG Dare, so my expectations are not all that high.
    12-15-08 11:37 AM
    About the only thing I'd really like to see, is a single mobile banking app that lets me access my account info for my checking account, credit cards, loans, etc.

I really think that all the major lending institutions should come together to create a joint subsidiary company (to keep development costs down) to develop just such an app. Instead of each company developing its own mobile banking solutions. It could be released not just for the BB, but Jesus Phone, and Windows Mobile. It should also be free, or included in the various fees you pay to do business with a lot of these companies.

Only problem I see with such an app, is it's a single point of failure. If that app is ever compromised, all the accounts that might be managed with it are also compromised. I know BB's have a self-destruct option, but I can't say whether or not the Jesus Phone or WinMo phones have anything comparable.
    Google PageOnce.
    12-15-08 11:39 AM
    You know I remember a card scanner feature like that on my old LG VX9800, that would be very cool.
    12-15-08 11:40 AM
    Hey guys, I've been lurking around the forums for a while, and I just got my first Blackberry (Storm 9530). I'm not familiar with JavaME programming, but I have a lot of experience with other programming languages and some with Java.I am really busy right now, but over the holidays I am planning on really hitting the books on JavaME. Anyways, I think threads like this are very helpful, and I encourage anyone with ANY programming experience to try and get some good apps out.
    12-15-08 12:00 PM
    im surprised that theres no photoshop app out there. The BB OS doesnt have any edits for pictures and with cameras getting more advanced and having more megapixals, it would make sense to be able to edit pics a little. There are basic phones that have this feature
    12-17-08 09:34 PM
    right now I'd like to see a good facebook application. The current one totally sucks. The Myspace one is awesome, problem is I don't like myspace.

and a flashlight application, one that will use the camera LED for emergency situations (yes, I know about setting the side button to quick access for the video camera, but it's not the same)
    12-17-08 10:37 PM
    A good MTA app, with subway maps and train times for LIRR/MNCR, for us New Yorkers
    12-17-08 10:40 PM
    Search I think it's called. From what I've seen and read these seem to be the handiest apps out there. If anyone knows of a clone type, please let me know.

Does Vlingo do something similar?
    12-17-08 11:14 PM
    flipside and got-2
    12-17-08 11:34 PM
    the flashlight would be nice as well but what i'm really looking for..better web browser (not a huge fan of the bb one)
    12-17-08 11:49 PM
    the flashlight would be nice as well but what i'm really looking for..better web browser (not a huge fan of the bb one)
    Check out the OTA sticky, they have a BB flashlight listed as a fee app.
    12-17-08 11:58 PM
    O cool ill check it out thanks
    12-18-08 12:01 AM
31 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD