I noticed that after I upgraded to .75, all of my apps went back to defualt settings, as if I first downloaded them. Viigo has no feeds, facebook had to be re-logged in, and the same goes for AIM. Now for these apps, all I have to do is login and I'm back to where I was.

However, for the future, does upgrading the OS wipe all personal app files? I did back up the 3rd party apps the way CX stated. Does this mean I need to restore that backup when the OS update is finished? How do I prevent apps from losing personal data once the OS has been upgraded?
    12-06-08 07:47 PM
    I noticed that after I upgraded to .75, all of my apps went back to defualt settings, as if I first downloaded them. ...
    Noticed that. Irritating. Custom settings should be preserved. This is my first BB so wonder if this is new to this version of the OS or if it has always been this way.
    12-06-08 08:07 PM
    did you guys do OTA or via DM
    12-06-08 08:08 PM
    .65 to .75 I had to re set up all my apps and programs.
    .75 to .76 everything moved over, didn't even need to re log in to most sites.

Doing the 4.5 upgrades on my pearl was the same thing, sometimes everything transferre, sometimes it didn't.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-06-08 08:20 PM
    I did it through DM.
    12-09-08 09:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD