Sorry if this thread already exists. I am just wondering if there is a way to download new apps on the memory card instead of the device memory? I dont really think that the model of blackberry phone would make a difference but either way its on a Storm 9530 os .113.

Thanks
    04-12-09 05:58 PM
    Oh no.....
    04-12-09 06:00 PM
    You can put apps on the media card and then click on them to install them to your device but you can't run an app from the media card.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-12-09 07:03 PM
    You can put apps on the media card and then click on them to install them to your device but you can't run an app from the media card.

Please do not post this sort of info without indicating that YOU NEED A 3RD PARTY APP TO BE ABLE TO DO THIS. Either that or specialized OTA setups for the app in folders and then directions on how to access them for OTA install via the browser.

IT'S NOT LIKE THIS IS A STANDARD SUPPORTED FEATURE OF THE OS.... DON'T MAKE IT OUT TO BE ONE PLEASE.
    04-12-09 08:33 PM
    Sorry about that civic. I was running out the door when I was posting what I previously said and thought I mentioned that an app was needed. I didn't mean to lead anybody in the wrong direction.

04-12-09 09:14 PM
    Ya Civic crack that whip!!!
    04-12-09 09:25 PM
    The short answer is no, and what Arma is talking about won't help you much and as civic pointed out needs help. Bottomline for an app to be installed and usable on your storm is must reside in app memory on the storm, and not on the card or the storm's storage memory.

04-12-09 09:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD