I have an application called Epocrates (medical program) that seems to run from the media card. It has its own folder in my media card that takes up 1.8Mb. Is it possible that this program is running from the media card? Or has its memory in the media card and very small sized application to run on application memory and it pulls its info from the memory card?

If this company can do it why cant others?

Or, if not, why dont other applications create something very small to run in the app memory and save the rest of its info on memory card so we can take full advantage of those 8/16 Gb we have?

I believe slacker might be onto something like this aswell because slacker has its folder in media card as well but this folder is small 1.1Kb (prob because i dont have any stations cached or have my own station)
    Last edited by ap14; 03-17-09 at 10:37 AM.
    03-17-09 10:34 AM
    I have an application called Epocrates (medical program) that seems to run from the media card. It has its own folder in my media card that takes up 1.1Mb. Is it possible that this program is running from the media card? Or has its memory in the media card and very small sized application to run on application memory and it pulls its info from the memory card?

If this company can do it why cant others?

Or, if not, why dont other applications create something very small to run in the app memory and save the rest of its info on memory card so we can take full advantage of those 8/16 Gb we have?

I believe slacker might be onto something like this aswell because slacker has its folder in media card as well but this folder is small 1.1Kb (prob because i dont have any stations cached or have my own station)
    It is only using the memory card for storage. The actual program is on the device memory. If you delete the program from the phone it will leave that folder behind because it is not capable of deleting anything from the memory card during program removal.
    03-17-09 10:37 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD