When I look through options at a list of apps installed on my Storm Google Maps, Opera Mini and Weather bug are all listed in bold text.
    Does this have something to do with compatability, what's the reason for this? I get too much **** when I search "bold".
    Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-17-08 09:10 PM
    When I look through options at a list of apps installed on my Storm Google Maps, Opera Mini and Weather bug are all listed in bold text.
    Does this have something to do with compatability, what's the reason for this? I get too much **** when I search "bold".
    Thanks for the info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    It means that the application is either currently active or has OS hooks into a currently active application. It has nothing to do with the compatibility setting.
    12-17-08 11:07 PM
    EDIT: I posted wrong information.... See below.

BTW thanks for trying to search before posting!
    Last edited by bthoward; 12-17-08 at 11:43 PM.
    12-17-08 11:11 PM
    It means they are something you installed beyond that which comes with the storm out of the box.

BTW thanks for trying to search before posting!

this is not true..

I have quite a few applications that are not bold that did not come with the storm

as shown viigo, beam reader, youtube didnt ship and aren't bold..

It has to do with running processes that are tied in.

you will also notice that most times when you go to uninstall a Bold application it will require a reboot to uninstall.. more then likely because the processes are running and needs to do it when there not.
    12-17-08 11:41 PM
    this is not true..

I have quite a few applications that are not bold that did not come with the storm

as shown viigo, beam reader, youtube didnt ship and aren't bold..

It has to do with running processes that are tied in.

you will also notice that most times when you go to uninstall a Bold application it will require a reboot to uninstall.. more then likely because the processes are running and needs to do it when there not.
    It just appeared that way when I was first looking in there cause I had things running and was dicking around with multitasking and looking for bugs....
    12-17-08 11:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD