I am using a 9500 on BES. I am having problems setting Permissions for Interactions/ Input Simulation from Advanced Options: It is currently Showing as Deny....And when I click on it I cannot change it to anything.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this (I need it so that with 4.7 on the Storm an application that I need to run can to convert touch screen actions into virtual keyboard actions).
    Thanks in advance
    03-12-09 10:37 AM
    I have the same problem trying to install quickpull. Quickpull requires input simulation to be set to "allow" and it won't give me the option to change the setting off of "deny."

Any ideas?
    04-24-09 07:39 PM
    Instead of advanced options try security options > app permissions.

+ see if u can access detail list: highlight button > menu > expand.

Otherwise, do a battery pull.
    04-24-09 10:47 PM
    Unfortunately that doesn't seem to be any different. Guess I'm just stuck with yanking the battery.
    04-25-09 09:50 AM
    I also have the same problem
    05-11-09 01:38 PM
    I have the same problem. I'm unable to change the permissions (input simulation is one) on certain options. It only lists DENY as the option and is the same via the security OR applications route. Any ideas?
    05-19-09 12:17 PM
    I'm in the same boat. I think that your BES administrator has established a security policy that denies input simulation for any applications. I've been frustrated by this problem for a few weeks and just this morning I had a chat with my BES administrator. He said that he uses standard templates from RIM to set the security policy and he wasn't aware of the actual restrictions being imposed. He's going to look into it. Sadly, I don't expect that he'll loosen the security policy. A devious person might think of a way to use input simulation for evil purposes!

The one app that I can't get to work is Vlingo. I can get other apps like QuickPull to work but it requires extra key presses (hit Escape and Discard when QuickPull asks to change permissions).
    05-22-09 02:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD