Check it out:
    Apple teams up with Adobe for iPhone Flash at long last - Engadget

Why is it not "RIM teams up with Adobe for iPhone Flash"?

I know about the Mozilla browser that is supposed to be in the works, but that is not what I am looking for.

Lets go RIM... Go Go GO!
    02-03-09 07:46 PM
    Fennec (Mobile Firefox) is not planned for BlackBerry devices.
    02-03-09 08:05 PM
    I wasnt saying that it was. Just progress general in the whole Flash on the phone. Hopefully with Apple moving foreward, RIM and others will soon follow.
    02-03-09 08:12 PM
    There's already a thread about this over in the 3rd party apps subforum... And the same problem exists for the Jesus Phone as it does for the Storm... Getting acceptable performance out of Flash without absolutely murdering battery life is quite the technical challenge.

I know this is difficult for the non-programmer to understand, but you can ask pretty much anyone you want, they'll tell you the same thing I did.

Also, this is far from the first time Adobe has claimed that they're close to releasing Flash for the Jesus Phone, and it failed to materialize.
    02-03-09 08:18 PM
    What I'd want is not so much to watch flash screens for eons, but to hit a site that might have a flash opening, and be able to get the site open on the Storm so I can click the 'skip' button and get on with it. Pathetic that Storm won't just open a flash opening site.
    02-03-09 08:37 PM
    Not gonna happen. The iPhone has a seperate video processor built for graphics it even has OpenGL and has a 600+mhz processor.

Our storm....hmm, not so much.

hmmm....Why do i have this phone again?
    02-03-09 08:51 PM
    Not gonna happen. The iPhone has a seperate video processor built for graphics it even has OpenGL and has a 600+mhz processor.

That really has nothing to do with it. Flash on the desktop doesn't make use of the GPU at all for any of its computational work. The whole concept of using the GPU for this kind of thing has really only been around for a couple of years, and there still isn't really any standard way of doing it.

Then there's the fact that clock speed means little compared to architecture. Look at the AthlonXP vs. Pentium 4, where the AthlonXP would lay waste to the P4 at 400-500MHz faster.

I know that computer science and computer engineering aren't exactly the easiest of subjects to get into, but you might consider refraining from comment until such time that you've learned enough about both that you understand just how wrong your comments are. Or should I say, can tell when OTHER people are full of it, and don't make the mistake of repeating what they say.
    02-03-09 09:30 PM

Why is it not "RIM teams up with Adobe for iPhone Flash"?
    Because RIM develops things for BlackBerry...couldn't resist
    02-03-09 09:37 PM

Storm has a separate VPU and OpenGL support. I'd read up on the chipset tech docs if I were you.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-03-09 11:49 PM

Same on the Bold, as a matter of fact, the Bold processor is 4mhz faster than the iPhone processor.
    02-03-09 11:51 PM
    Idea.... RIM is waiting to be sure the Apple version works first

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-04-09 12:16 AM
    I totally agree with you, people with no technical background do not understand what engineers and software developers go through behind the curtains to do magic in front of their eyes. It's not easy as it looks. Programmers go through many hours, late nights and pressures to debug and write thousands of line codes just to paint a small portriat for everyone's enjoyment. If you're not an engineer or programmer please show respect and restrain your negative thoughts.

That really has nothing to do with it. Flash on the desktop doesn't make use of the GPU at all for any of its computational work. The whole concept of using the GPU for this kind of thing has really only been around for a couple of years, and there still isn't really any standard way of doing it.

Then there's the fact that clock speed means little compared to architecture. Look at the AthlonXP vs. Pentium 4, where the AthlonXP would lay waste to the P4 at 400-500MHz faster.

I know that computer science and computer engineering aren't exactly the easiest of subjects to get into, but you might consider refraining from comment until such time that you've learned enough about both that you understand just how wrong your comments are. Or should I say, can tell when OTHER people are full of it, and don't make the mistake of repeating what they say.
    02-04-09 12:27 AM

To be honest with you.
    iPhone sucks.
    Plain&&simple..And that's exactly what that phone is. Simple.
    it took me less than an hour to have that whole piece of crap phone figured out.
    02-04-09 12:47 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD