has anyone heard of or can confirm rumors of verizon releasing an apple produced phone that will rival the iphone or be similar to the iphone. supposedly apple has been posting hiring for technical engineers that can work on CDMA. and verizon is said to be creating a 4g LTE network to run on. anyone?
    06-23-09 07:45 PM
    LTE is a ways away, if apple was going to, it's still pretty early for anything else other than internal development and planning.
    06-23-09 07:46 PM
    I'd say it's at least possible. I'm pretty sure the intent of all these companies is to make money. The more places to rack up sales, the more $$$.
    06-23-09 07:58 PM
    with the contracts that they have with ATT its highly unlikely
    06-23-09 07:59 PM
    with the contracts that they have with ATT its highly unlikely
    have to ask..

why are you still running .132 when .148 was cleared by verizon?
    06-23-09 08:03 PM
    I will bet you that in deep dark secret rooms Apple and Verizon have had preliminary meetings about doing business with each other in the near future.
    06-23-09 08:20 PM
    have to ask..

why are you still running .132 when .148 was cleared by verizon?
    Many people run other versions of leaked software. They run what works best for them. I run .148 but not because Verizon blessed it. If I felt a previous leak worked better I would use it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-23-09 08:21 PM
    Belive it when you see it.
    06-23-09 08:27 PM
    There is word floating around that this is true. Of course, no one will confirm it, but the rumor is strong and floating around on some "reputable" sites that follow Apple patents and products.
    06-23-09 08:38 PM
    It has been published that Verizon and Apple are in talks to market a CDMA Iphone possibily in 2010. They would have to wait until the exclusive deal with AT&T lapses though.
    Last edited by MarcSt; 06-23-09 at 08:41 PM.
    06-23-09 08:39 PM
    Two to three weeks ago I spoke with a rep at a VZW store in my area and was told that the Tour would be here soon, which we all know now; the Storm 2 in November or December, 2009; and in January, 2010 the new Verizon iPhone. No word on other BB devices that are rumored to in the make.

This rep says he "sits in on these type of meetings all the time and so knows what is coming in advance."

The conversation began when I asked about the Tour because I am up for NE2 in December. Just repeating what I was told as described above.
    06-23-09 08:39 PM
    Well there are rumors that apple iphone is gonna be with Verizon but I don't know if that's true.

06-23-09 09:06 PM
    I will bet you that in deep dark secret rooms Apple and Verizon have had preliminary meetings about doing business with each other in the near future.
    I'll bet you some VZW big wig has a CDMA version "prototype" and that's why they don't care if we get one . Okay maybe not but conspiracy theories rock.
    06-23-09 09:09 PM
    ...I spoke with a rep at a VZW store in my area and was told...
    You DEFINITELY are new around here.
    06-23-09 09:11 PM
    it will happen and soon read my theard on it
    06-23-09 09:19 PM
    Verizon has a contract with microsoft for windows mobile on a lot of their smart phones, they have a clause in that contract that states they can not carry apple products as long as they are still under contract with microsoft.

So if anything was to happen apples contract with at&t would have to expire and verizons with microsoft would as well.
    06-23-09 09:22 PM
    Verizon has a contract with microsoft for windows mobile on a lot of their smart phones, they have a clause in that contract that states they can not carry apple products as long as they are still under contract with microsoft.

So if anything was to happen apples contract with at&t would have to expire and verizons with microsoft would as well.
    I find that hard to believe, WM is on most smart phones and VZW has been selling them since before apple was even in the game. JMO, Not saying you're a liar, but I would love to know your source on that.
    06-23-09 09:42 PM

No way, VZW would never enter into any contract that would limit their options like that. Microsoft doesn't even prohibit their own employees from owning an iPhone or using it for business purposes, I know this first hand. Not to mention, Apple licenses MS technology with it's activesync exchange integration. No way this is true..........
    06-23-09 10:00 PM
    You DEFINITELY are new around here.
    seriously....besides verizon reps dont know about the release of a new phone until 3 weeks before its release....dont beleive what they tell you
    06-23-09 10:08 PM
    Abhooooooo

06-23-09 10:19 PM
    As I have been saying all along, if Steve Jobs and the Apple executives are as smart as I think they are, they have to be thinking of 100% market penetration and world domination. Without a CDMA version, Apple can never archive that goal because they are missing half of the population.

The reason why RIM is dominating the smart phone market is because they are selling their products to every carrier.

Apple is very good at keeping secret. We won't know if they are working on a phone for VzW until they actually make the announcement.
    Last edited by substring; 06-23-09 at 10:22 PM.
    06-23-09 10:19 PM
    Once a verizon rep told me that McCain was going to be our next president....

06-23-09 10:20 PM
    Once a verizon rep told me that McCain was going to be our next president....

McCain is not our President? Darn.
    06-23-09 10:23 PM
    I'll bet you some VZW big wig has a CDMA version "prototype" and that's why they don't care if we get one . Okay maybe not but conspiracy theories rock.
    First of all, why is this thread here. There is a Crackberry Iphone section and there are Verizon Iphone threads in the Rumors section.

Anyway, I believe BGR or Engadget posted that there is a CDMA Iphone being tested.
    06-23-09 10:29 PM
    Its no secret. One of Verizon's CEOs said he's personally talked to Steve Jobs in the last few months.
    06-23-09 10:32 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD