Is there already an app for the storm that can turn it into a universal remote control? If not can someone make one? Id pay somewhere in the 30-40 dollar range for it. Maybe more. I am sure it is capable.
    07-08-09 12:06 AM
    I had another idea to make the screen double as a digital scale for weighing illegal paraphernalia, but that seems a little far fetched, even though its probably possible. That would certainly appeal to a select demographic.

Anyways I would rather have the remote control... Any Takers????
    07-08-09 12:09 AM
    It's already been done, but requires some hardware since no BB currently has infrared capabilities.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-08-09 12:11 AM
    Yeah and it's expensive
    07-08-09 12:20 AM
    I would like to see that happen.

07-08-09 05:25 AM
    I had another idea to make the screen double as a digital scale for weighing illegal paraphernalia, but that seems a little far fetched, even though its probably possible. That would certainly appeal to a select demographic.

I've seen someone weight out illegal goods on an iphone before. Didn't think it was possible on a Storm though because of the screen? I dunno...
    07-08-09 05:34 AM
    sounds great..let me know when its up for download
    07-08-09 05:38 AM

Dude come on! With the 37 foot gap around the edge of the screen you'd risk that!? Though your phone would smell delicious to you all day, I don't think it'd be worth the hassle!!!

07-08-09 08:27 AM
    No phone (to my knowledge), especially the iPhone or the Storm, has a means to actually weigh something using the internal hardware. The potheads who think the iPhone works as a scale because an app says so are pretty deluded.

Dude come on! With the 37 foot gap around the edge of the screen you'd risk that!? Though your phone would smell delicious to you all day, I don't think it'd be worth the hassle!!!

Things will get really bad when you get busted by the cops and their dogs cue them that your phone smells a little too much like [illegal drug x]. Cop, meet phone... Phone, meet maglite... OH MY GOD NOT MY STORM!!!
    Last edited by jeffmeden; 07-08-09 at 09:07 AM.
    07-08-09 09:04 AM
    There is one. The company called Unify4life makes an app that let's your bb act like a universal remote. But like someone said above, the bb doesn't have infared capabilities so it uses Bluetooth to send a signal to the box that comes with the package and concerts it back to infrared. The downside is that it costs like a hundred bucks ($100). Kind of a turnaway from their great product.... Anyway look it up and check it out. Its somewhere on crackberry's website but I can't post URLs yet sorry.

07-08-09 10:08 AM
    it will work for the ps3 via bluetooth and when the playtv i think thats what its called is available it will work that way too
    07-08-09 10:12 AM
    it will work for the ps3 via bluetooth and when the playtv i think thats what its called is available it will work that way too
    PlayTV is out in europe, but I've not heard of it coming to the US. PlayTV - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

PLAYSTATION 3 Accessories: - PlayTV™

I think the Unify4life Game|Shadow will still require a USB dongle plugged into the PS3.

It would be nice if an App were developed to let the BlackBerry pair 1:1 with the ps3 over bluetooth for remote control/ keyboard functions. No additional hardware should be needed
    07-08-09 11:16 AM

LOL! now thats a good thought to start the day off! I'll be getting a lot of work done
    07-08-09 11:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD