It's a pain to close 4 or 5 or more programs that are open. In fact, sometimes it seems that one app will open 2 or 3 separate windows to have to close.

Is there an app or BB command that will close all open apps at once? (Instead of closing each individual one).

Thanks,

Bill
    01-05-09 11:32 AM
    Nope nothing

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-05-09 11:37 AM
    01-05-09 11:41 AM
    One App to rule them all! Sorry the inner geek in me decided to come to the surface.
    01-05-09 11:43 AM
    yeah its the one that is the circle with the little line coming out of the top of it and a red handset pic over it couldnt resist sorry
    01-05-09 11:53 AM
    yeah its the one that is the circle with the little line coming out of the top of it and a red handset pic over it couldnt resist sorry
    if you're saying that the end button will close all apps, you are incorrect. It can bring you back to the homescreen but it won't actually CLOSE running applications, at least not all or most of them which require you to choose close from the BB key menu
    01-05-09 11:56 AM
    The lack easily being able to see what's still open is a serious pain in the arse (the one thing I like about WinMo is the ability to see immediately what's open at any given time and just x out of 'em). I know you can press Blackberry button and see, but it's a bit of a pain. Sigh... Hopefully this will be addressed somewhere down the road.
    01-05-09 11:59 AM
    install soft reset or quick pull. Then when you need to "just do it". either of them will close everyting and give you the benifit of a battery pull at the same time.
    01-05-09 12:01 PM
    ... Lol... Very good. I got it at least!

01-05-09 12:01 PM
    ... Lol... Very good. I got it at least!

Yeah i forgot to add HOLD IT DOWN for a few seconds!
    01-05-09 12:14 PM
    Yeah, we all get the little joke, but someone was asking for some help. Telling them to turn their phone off is not particularly helpful.

everyone play nicely in the sandbox, ok?
    01-05-09 12:23 PM
    Yeah, we all get the little joke, but someone was asking for some help. Telling them to turn their phone off is not particularly helpful.

everyone play nicely in the sandbox, ok?
    ... A little humour hurt no-one especially when it's good natured humour as that was...

01-05-09 02:00 PM
    Thank You DD....if we all didnt have a little humor...and crackberry! we would all go crazy at are desks! lol
    01-05-09 02:26 PM
    The return key "U-Turn Symbol" is supposed to close apps....however it does not.

I gotten in the habit of chekcing what is open and I am constantly surprised...
    01-05-09 02:29 PM
    I set my left convenience key to "switch app" and can just press that to see what is open. Can then use it to go into the app to close it if needed (apart from core apps that are always running)...
    I find it quite an easy way to manage open apps...

01-06-09 12:48 AM
    If hold
    The bb button down for a second it will bring up the switch app function. Fyi

I set my left convenience key to "switch app" and can just press that to see what is open. Can then use it to go into the app to close it if needed (apart from core apps that are always running)...
    I find it quite an easy way to manage open apps...

01-06-09 01:10 AM
    The return key "U-Turn Symbol" is supposed to close apps....however it does not.

I gotten in the habit of chekcing what is open and I am constantly surprised...

If you hold it down while the screen disappears it closes the App. At least on my phone it does. I even check it by opening up the switch App screen and stuff I just used the "return" button to close out, really is closed.
    01-06-09 01:36 AM
    If you hold it down while the screen disappears it closes the App. At least on my phone it does. I even check it by opening up the switch App screen and stuff I just used the "return" button to close out, really is closed.
    Wow you're right. It works for all my apps except AIM. Thanks!

01-06-09 01:56 AM
    If hold
    The bb button down for a second it will bring up the switch app function. Fyi
    ... Not on my curve it doesn't (8320 OS 4.5) just tried it now (multiple times on different screens/apps)??

01-06-09 03:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD