Hey all fellow Storm users.

I just upgraded to the Storm from an 8830 and have a Shasta Stowaway foldable keyboard. It was made by ThinkOutside that is now Igo. Supposedly they no longer make this keyboard and it appears the last drivers they have are for the Curve or Pearl. They don't have plans to create a driver for the Storm.

I am not tech geek so I don't really know if it is possible to use a driver from another phone for the storm. This is a bluetooth keyboard. I did manager to pair it but I loaded the driver from the 8830 and I got a wierd error message..don't remember what it was and I deleted the software for now when I did a desktop sync. Any idea if I could use another driver or am I just SOL with this keyboard?

I only use it when I travel and I am in an area where I don't have wireless for my laptop..I use my BB more for emails than usual..I break out the keyboard.

if anyone else owns one of these and has had luck using it with the storm..let me know!
    12-04-08 03:40 AM
    Have you found a foldable keyboard that will work with the Storm? I am looking for a compatible one for the BB Storm I just got. I was looking at the Shasta keyboards but need one that will work via Bluetooth.
    12-13-08 11:25 PM
    I'm pretty sure blackberry already has one out that is bluetooth compatible. I'll have to double check. Maybe it was a different manufacturer.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-14-08 12:39 AM
    This keyboard I have is a Stowaway Shasta keyboard that IS bluetooth BUT as I said..Think OUtside is no longer making or supporting these beyond the drivers for Pearl or Curve..which are newer than my 8830 I bought it for. They have no plans to create a Storm driver.

I do see here in the Crackberry store the Freedom keyboard which looks just like the one I have and it does say it is compatible with the Storm. It is same price I paid for the one I have...$99 I will most likely buy it...just bummed that my fairly new one will not work with the storm.

If anyone has a BB that is compatible with mine..I will sell for $50. Still need to sell my 8830 BB as well. Haven't even gotten that far yet. Only had the Storm for less than 2 weeks!
    12-14-08 03:57 AM
    My Mobile Gear (I can't post links, so Google it...you can probably figure out the URL) has new drivers for a Shasta Stowaway keyboard. A driver costs $20, but I think the Shasta is great. Feels like a real keyboard and is a nice size (keys aren't as small as some other folding keyboards). I bought the new driver and am extremely happy with the results.
    05-27-09 01:29 PM
    My Mobile Gear (I can't post links, so Google it...you can probably figure out the URL) has new drivers for a Shasta Stowaway keyboard. A driver costs $20, but I think the Shasta is great. Feels like a real keyboard and is a nice size (keys aren't as small as some other folding keyboards). I bought the new driver and am extremely happy with the results.

Bummer...wish I would have found that 5 months ago! But perhaps they didn't have this back when I got the Storm and was asking. I had since sold the Shasta and bought the Freedom which works fine with my Storm. I think I actually like this one better for a few reasons..it has an off switch which means I don't have to flip the batteries around to prevent the batteries from going dead like I did on the Shasta. Closing it should turn it off, but never really did. I also like the sleek leather case it comes in. The only operating quirk is i am still used to my shasta where I can just hit enter to open an email whereas on the freedom, I have to hit start before I do anything. Not sure if I can program it to just hit enter, but really not a big deal.

I am glad someone came up with a driver though. Too late for me, but hopefully others can keep on rocking with the Shasta.

I always love the looks of amazement when I whip out my little keyboard and start typing on it. Most folks have never seen this and are always impressed with me when they see me whip out this gadget! Pretty funny!
    05-27-09 01:54 PM
    Go to My Mobile Gear . Com. check in downloads for driver for your phone. I have a curve 9330 and driver I downloaded works great. You can download for no charge to make sure the driver works with your phone then purchase if it works. $9.95 well worth it
    12-11-12 04:36 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD