Has anyone shaved/cut the little hard rubber nubs off the back of the Storm? They appear to be soft enough to be taken off with a razor blade.

Basically, I am hoping to get a flat back so that it doesn't rock side-to-side when I am using it on a table-top, without using a case (I like the leather pocket and holster).

I realize that this would muffle the sound in multiple scenarios but I was curious to see if it was significant enough for anyone who has done this, to regret it.
    05-26-09 05:00 PM
    Has anyone shaved/cut the little hard rubber nubs off the back of the Storm? They appear to be soft enough to be taken off with a razor blade.

Basically, I am hoping to get a flat back so that it doesn't rock side-to-side when I am using it on a table-top, without using a case (I like the leather pocket and holster).

I realize that this would muffle the sound in multiple scenarios but I was curious to see if it was significant enough for anyone who has done this, to regret it.

I guess my personal suggestion would be to not do it..

but It doesn't look like it would cause ill effects if you did do it. Your phone however would be a modified phone then..
    05-26-09 05:02 PM
    Good luck hearing it ring with the nubs cut off. They are there for a reason.... and there's a reason the Odin (Storm 2) had it's speaker ports moved to the sides.
    05-26-09 05:07 PM
    i would call it damaged, not modified...but that's just my perspective looking at things.
    05-26-09 05:12 PM
    thought about that too, though i wouldnt actually do it since the glass over the camera has a better chance of getting scratched or cracked (the little rubber piece right below the "3.2 MP" keeps that guy off the table).

maybe try the silicon cases and shave down the nubs on one of those so you don't permanently damage your phone in case you mess up. the cases are maybe $10 while this thing is slightly more at full retail.

also, it doesn't rock nearly as much with the one of those cases on as is.
    05-26-09 05:19 PM
    I like them on there... Helps keep the phone in place while on its back.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 05:24 PM
    lol he said "nubs"
    05-26-09 05:43 PM
    one of my nubs has "melted" off. it is all mushed(southern for Squished) against the phone.
    05-26-09 08:33 PM
    one of my nubs has "melted" off. it is all mushed(southern for Squished) against the phone.
    Stove + Storm = Mushed
    05-26-09 08:43 PM
    It's your phone, but I wouldn't do it. Like civic said, it's there for a reason. I don't think you should ever do anything that someone with over 8,000 post says.

Grey
    05-26-09 09:32 PM
    I would advise against it. Easiest solution is get a case to put it in.
    05-26-09 09:38 PM
    Yeah. I agree. Let's NOT do that.
    05-26-09 09:45 PM
    dont do it! lol
    05-26-09 09:47 PM
    I'm gonna say...
    05-26-09 09:56 PM
    05-26-09 09:56 PM
    Spoke to a VZW rep about this and they advised that you not do this since there will be a software update coming in a couple days that will just make the "nubs" regenerate...
    05-26-09 09:57 PM
    Spoke to a VZW rep about this and they advised that you not do this since there will be a software update coming in a couple days that will just make the "nubs" regenerate...
    You can get the update now... and regenerate by doing your upgrade via WiFi...
    05-26-09 09:59 PM
    You can get the update now... and regenerate by doing your upgrade via WiFi...
    Wow its about time they released it. I waited 6 months for wifi to appear.

05-26-09 11:27 PM
    Didn't know tht the storm 2 had the speakers on the side.... Cool

05-27-09 03:43 AM
    i would call it damaged, not modified...but that's just my perspective looking at things.

I guess I kind of agree with this lol

I was just trying to say it in a polite way
    05-27-09 04:35 AM
    LMAO
    good way to start out the day!
    05-27-09 07:08 AM
    Would u like someone cuttin off your nubs?
    05-27-09 09:30 AM
    Would u like someone cuttin off your nubs?
    hahahaha Waiting for someone to say that
    05-27-09 09:36 AM
    Yeah I thought about doing this for about 1 second when I first got my phone....... That's how long it took to figure out that it probably wasnt one of my better ideas lol

05-27-09 10:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD