I have a curve, and was anxiously waiting for the storm to come out, but now seeing first hand what the storm is about, i am so happy i didnt make the switch. The bold is ugly, and the storm is slow, full of glitches, and unreliable. I'll stick with my curve until the 8900 is released.
    12-16-08 08:21 AM
    so whats the point of this thread....it titles a question...yet you answer it?
    12-16-08 08:43 AM
    Goody for you!!
    12-16-08 08:45 AM
    thanks for your pointless thread.

you cant make an accurate conclusion about a phone if you have not used it and you should not listen to other's opinions on the phone when most of them cannot comprehend how to use the thing.

the storm is a great device once you get the software upgraded. i am glad you are going to stay with the curve. now you wont fill the forum with pointless whining.
    12-16-08 08:51 AM
    I think the point of the OP's thread is that no one should make decisions on their own...especially about something as fundamentally important as which cellphone/smartphone they like/need.

You should simply listen to what the "experts" say and obey.

iPhones for all!!!
    12-16-08 08:58 AM
    I agree this thread is pointless,

and I love my Storm, though there is a slight learning curve.
    12-16-08 08:58 AM
    Another worthless thread!!!!
    12-16-08 08:59 AM
    I know I am new but you are going to judge a phone on other peoples experience? I have a storm and I have not had any issues, if I have maybe I haven't noticed them. Sure there are some quirks but that is me being new to the software and BB's in general. The phone is VERY new, software takes time to perfect. This software will catch up with the phone and maybe that will change your mind.
    12-16-08 09:01 AM
    I am not regretting the purchase, but I do wish RIM and Verizon had let it bake for a little bit longer to get the kinks out. It will get better and it will be one heck of a smartphone once software catches up with it.
    12-16-08 09:40 AM
    I couldnt be happier with my Storm. I see no major differences between my Pear, Curve or Storm. I have not had any of the software issues, freezing up issues or reboots. I have had my storm a week and 1/2. Im operating on the .75 OS release.
    No dust under my screen, no significant lag on the screen. Video cam does freezup but not enough for me to say I hate the phone. Glad I bought it.
    12-16-08 09:57 AM
    God! What a bunch of pissy little whiney babies! I subscribe to many forums - Anywhere from RC Helicopters to Motorcycles to Blackberries and I have never seen so many insecure girly-men than here. Mention ANYTHING negative about the precious little ol' Storm and the babies start screaming!

Basically he's asking if the storm met your expectations. If yes, then why. If not, then why. Stop moaning about your wittle Stormy Storm you friggin' babies!
    12-16-08 10:07 AM
    ^^^^Ya! FRIGGIN BABIES!

actually crashberry does have a point...
    12-16-08 10:19 AM
    How does he have a point? The OP asked the question in the title, but then went on to bash the phone in his message. Now maybe if he asked the question without all the negative, unsubstantiated remarks then it probably would have garnered a better reaction.

I know this is my first post, but when I see things like this and the comments people make especially crashberry, I just have to chime in. Personally, I think this thread should be closed.
    12-16-08 10:37 AM
    How does he have a point? The OP asked the question in the title, but then went on to bash the phone in his message. Now maybe if he asked the question without all the negative, unsubstantiated remarks then it probably would have garnered a better reaction.

I know this is my first post, but when I see things like this and the comments people make especially crashberry, I just have to chime in. Personally, I think this thread should be closed.
    I asked a question, then gave reason for why i personally wouldn't buy the phone. I didnt "bash" it. Big difference. Im just curious to see if there are any storm owners that regret their purchases, and why?

Secondly, i did have a hands on experience with the phone (for all of you's who are saying that im going off of what i've read). My company ordered the phone for a few execs, and i had the opportunity to play around with it for a few days. After a week, all the phones were sent back. Too many complaints from all the execs.
    12-16-08 11:45 AM
    Yes!

It made me an addict to blackberry. I've always use smartphone but I just think of them as regular phone that I can occasionally check emails and surf. But with this phone, I find myself using this more than my laptop. I send a lot of emails and I don't need my laptop that much anymore.

Plus I can chat with all my friends using google and yahoo.

Wife thinks I'm obsessed with this phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 11:54 AM
    Love my storm!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-16-08 12:02 PM
    Also, the advertising was a bit deceiving regarding the click screen texting. They made it seem as if each button gave way when typing. I assumed that was the case. Only to find out that the entire screen clicked when typing. Almost like one of those board games where u press the bubble in to scramble the dice.
    12-16-08 12:03 PM
    I HATE my storm now I cant wait to sell it!!!!!
    i will be getting the HTC touch pro WINMO HERE I COME!
    Blackberry OS is wayyyyyy too boring
    12-16-08 12:04 PM
    Have u actually held and played with the Touch Pro? That thing feels like a brick.
    12-16-08 12:08 PM
    I have a curve, and was anxiously waiting for the storm to come out, but now seeing first hand what the storm is about, i am so happy i didnt make the switch. The bold is ugly, and the storm is slow, full of glitches, and unreliable. I'll stick with my curve until the 8900 is released.
    The 8900 looks like the Bold except smaller and the Storm slow maybe, but glithces and unreliable!? You have no idea or experience in what you're talking about. Next time comment on what you know.
    12-16-08 12:09 PM
    Yeah, I haven't had any problems with my storm really. No reboots since upgrading, typing is a breeze now, I have no problems with people hearing me on my phone or not being able to answer my phone. To be honest, the only real problem I have with the phone is battery life, which I figured out how to handle today. This is a great phone, and thinking you're gonna adjust to it by playing with it in a store for a few hours, or judging it based on forum posts is ridiculous. I hated my phone the first week I had it, but gradually, you get used to it (and this phone takes alot of getting used to). But hey, the Curve is a great phone, if you feel like you made the right decesion, great for you.
    12-16-08 12:09 PM
    Goodbye and good riddence.
    12-16-08 12:10 PM
    Have u actually held and played with the Touch Pro? That thing feels like a brick.
    yes i have ha its nothing compared to the xv6700 i had
    but its well worth it. I am tired of not being able to customize my storm at all.
    12-16-08 12:13 PM
    The 8900 looks like the Bold except smaller and the Storm slow maybe, but glithces and unreliable!? You have no idea or experience in what you're talking about. Next time comment on what you know.
    That's what happens when you read only the first post!

I asked a question, then gave reason for why i personally wouldn't buy the phone. I didnt "bash" it. Big difference. Im just curious to see if there are any storm owners that regret their purchases, and why?

Secondly, i did have a hands on experience with the phone (for all of you's who are saying that im going off of what i've read). My company ordered the phone for a few execs, and i had the opportunity to play around with it for a few days. After a week, all the phones were sent back. Too many complaints from all the execs.
    12-16-08 12:14 PM
    Yeah, I haven't had any problems with my storm really. No reboots since upgrading, typing is a breeze now, I have no problems with people hearing me on my phone or not being able to answer my phone. To be honest, the only real problem I have with the phone is battery life, which I figured out how to handle today. This is a great phone, and thinking you're gonna adjust to it by playing with it in a store for a few hours, or judging it based on forum posts is ridiculous. I hated my phone the first week I had it, but gradually, you get used to it (and this phone takes alot of getting used to). But hey, the Curve is a great phone, if you feel like you made the right decesion, great for you.
    I am the exact opposite of you. I loved the storm the first week i had it! Now i hate the device. Theres nothing to do anymore with it..
    12-16-08 12:16 PM
85 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD