Go to a different store and look at the Sales Rep in their non-dominant eye. It sounds weird...but it works, it's all biology. However, do not attempt the same feat with unknown animals.

Don't let this guy get you in trouble. You can wind up in jail for being too hostile in a retail environment. Nothing is worth all that.
    12-07-08 07:57 PM
    I mean com'on is that not the funniest **** you've ever heard? That Dredayholiday guy is a riot.
    12-07-08 08:54 PM
    2 things: yes you can get an early upgrade but maybe not anymore.

1) I upgraded just 6 months ago but when i saw the storm, well lets just say i had to have it! so i called customer service and went straight to the cancel service option. i asked the gentleman to tell me how much it would cost to cancel my contract and because i was 6 months into a 2 year he said $145. he told me that verizon wanted to keep my biz and asked if he could help. i told him yes and explained that i could either buy the storm for the non upgrade price of $600 (with a very small amount of sarcacism)or cancel for $145 and buy an iphone for $200 and i would still come out saving $255 cheaper. if they could could get close to the upgrad price then i would stay. so... after he checked with someone, they offered me one year upgrade pricing for $319 with a $50 dollar rebate. that ended up being $269 so i accepted.

2) My friend spoke to a verizon rep who said that just this past wed (12/3) corporate sent out a memo to just let those people who said they would walk without a discount to just let them walk.

well, with all that said though i would try. i hope my explanation helps.
    Last edited by btspartan; 12-07-08 at 09:22 PM.
    12-07-08 09:16 PM
    btw non dominant eye? lol
    12-07-08 09:23 PM
    I got the 2yr discount about a year early... they sent a card in the mail for both lines on the account so that they could be upgraded early.
    12-07-08 09:29 PM
    I was able to upgrade early because I received that postcard in the mail. I wasn't eligible for an upgrade until may 2010. I just got my curve in June, but they sent me an email and postcard that said you are eligilble for an early upgrade just in time to get the Storm on Nov. 21. So it doesn't hurt to try, especially since you are a month away from your eligibility.
    12-07-08 09:33 PM
    btspartan is definitely right...i tried forever to upgrade...finally resorted to cancelling and getting an iphone...they stil said no and would just let me walk...so they must not be letting ne one fo it becuase its so close to x mas...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:34 PM
    2 things: yes you can get an early upgrade but maybe not anymore.

1) I upgraded just 6 months ago but when i saw the storm, well lets just say i had to have it! so i called customer service and went straight to the cancel service option. i asked the gentleman to tell me how much it would cost to cancel my contract and because i was 6 months into a 2 year he said $145. he told me that verizon wanted to keep my biz and asked if he could help. i told him yes and explained that i could either buy the storm for the non upgrade price of $600 (with a very small amount of sarcacism)or cancel for $145 and buy an iphone for $200 and i would still come out saving $255 cheaper. if they could could get close to the upgrad price then i would stay. so... after he checked with someone, they offered me one year upgrade pricing for $319 with a $50 dollar rebate. that ended up being $269 so i accepted.

2) My friend spoke to a verizon rep who said that just this past wed (12/3) corporate sent out a memo to just let those people who said they would walk without a discount to just let them walk.

well, with all that said though i would try. i hope my explanation helps.
    Ok, well, the VZW rep in me would like to make a comment. I'm going to guess you are a VIP, which when your account is open, I would see it right away. I would have offered the same thing, 1 year pricing, and the primary line does get the $50 once every 12 months with VIP.
    12-07-08 09:35 PM
    Ok, well, the VZW rep in me would like to make a comment. I'm going to guess you are a VIP, which when your account is open, I would see it right away. I would have offered the same thing, 1 year pricing, and the primary line does get the $50 once every 12 months with VIP.
    VIP... thats how i roll. lol

actually, i used to be on my jobs phone plan so when i got married several yrs back my wife and i wanted to get on the same plan. Soooo I am actually the added line on our plan we have a bill of about $110 (of course before the blackberry upgraded plan of $30 more dollars). i think that only adds credance to what my friend heard from the rep.
    12-07-08 09:50 PM
    btw... is $110 dollars a month for two people VIP? btw we have been with verizon a combined 13 yrs. that may have helped.
    12-07-08 09:51 PM
    Just cancel ur contract. I only paid 100 extra

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-07-08 09:53 PM
    What constitutes being a VIP member?
    12-07-08 09:57 PM
    What constitutes being a VIP member?
    Oh no...I opened up a can of worms. VIP is nothing that you can call and be put on. Several factors determine if VZW gives you VIP status or not. Some of the factors are how much monthly you spend, length of time with VZW and do you pay your bills on time. There are some very nice benefits to being a VIP too. However, its systematically added to your account, its nothing we can do if you call us and request it.
    12-07-08 10:06 PM
    I went to the cancellation line, then acted nice/decent but very firm about the whole thing and told them that I expected that as a long time paying customer of verizon I expected they would do what it took to make things right for me as a customer..........75min. later I upgraded at the 2yr. price
    12-07-08 10:11 PM
    within 30 days is usually not an issue, just be nice and don't act all mean when you call in and ask ^ ^
    12-07-08 10:13 PM
    oh then thats why we are VIP because we actually pay our bills and have stuck around
    12-07-08 10:13 PM
    oh then thats why we are VIP because we actually pay our bills and have stuck around
    "Very Impatient People"

Hah hah
    12-07-08 10:19 PM
    hey, i dont want to hear that! you are just a jealous non stormite. lol come back to this thread when you have converted!
    12-07-08 10:31 PM
    Haha, I will have one soon enough.. Just hasn't been approved or processed yet, but the orders there.
    12-07-08 10:34 PM
    come child, soon you will be home... wow, that got weird. lol
    12-07-08 10:38 PM
    I was eligible for my NE2 on 12/16. They let me use it when I ordered my Storm on 11/27.

Will be here tomorrow!!!!!!
    12-07-08 10:56 PM
    come child, soon you will be home... wow, that got weird. lol
    Haha Ive been waiting since 11/21 .. ordered one at 3am.
    12-07-08 11:00 PM
    ies easer to deal with them on 611 than in the store. u can hang up on them.

but give it a try. they let me get one after just buying a curve in may 08. i got my strom for 250 (2yr price) with rebate to make it 214(after rebate w/taxes).
    12-07-08 11:44 PM
    It is usually very hard to get a rep to upgrade early, If you go to a store talk to a Customer Service Rep or a Tech instead of a Sales Rep. Verizon has the Sales Reps working so hard to meet insane sales quotas they will not even ask the manager for you because it is not commissionable for them.
    12-07-08 11:45 PM
99 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD