I'm finding that since I got the Storm, a lot of people are telling me to repeat myself after saying something to them. When i look at it, I think the microphone coulda been placed better. Bear in mind that people never had problems hearing me on my dumbphone or anything.

Anyone have problems of this nature?
    12-12-08 05:38 PM
    interesting... my friend was saying that it sounded too loud haha.
    12-12-08 05:42 PM
    I haven't had any problems with people hearing me.
    12-12-08 05:47 PM
    I'm finding that since I got the Storm, a lot of people are telling me to repeat myself after saying something to them. When i look at it, I think the microphone coulda been placed better. Bear in mind that people never had problems hearing me on my dumbphone or anything.

What did you say?
    12-12-08 05:50 PM
    I've had people say that I sound slightly muffled. As soon as I switch for a BT headset or speakerphone they are like wow what did you change?
    12-12-08 05:50 PM
    I had that also. I figured out what the problem was. I use my pinky ti hold the phone, it blocks the mic.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-12-08 05:51 PM
    My first unit I had a problem with people hearing me. My second unit was much better - like night and day. I am hoping my third storm will be better.
    12-12-08 06:00 PM
    I'm getting this comment too, and the fact that I sound much clearer on the speakerphone suggests it's not the mic. Sometimes i'm clear, other times muffled.
    12-12-08 06:16 PM

I think you would be surprised just how far a phone mic can be away and still pic up your voice clearly..

the placement of the mic is not the issue .. it may be hardware or even the other person's phone..

I have put the phone on speaker phone set it on the passenger seat and still talked to people..

people often think they have to swallow the mic which is not the case...
    12-12-08 06:55 PM
    It's definitely not the listener's phone...I've had the same problem talked about in this post and others...complaints that my words are muffled, overly bass-filled, and difficult to discern from one another. My phone hasn't has any of the other issues that have crossed this forum so I'm finding the possibility that there is yet ANOTHER issue selectively affecting some storms to be pretty damning of RIM's quality control...

12-12-08 07:12 PM
    What did you say?
    Son of ..... You took my joke JK.. I also have people tell me I am too loud. Must be something with your device.
    12-12-08 07:17 PM
    I've found myself repeating words a lot. Another complaint I've gotten is some times the recipient will say my voice will randomly jump volumes. It is def the phone I've never had this problem before. Running .76 what is everyone here running?

12-12-08 07:28 PM
    I too have had people complain about the muffled voice and sometimes inability to hear me, but I have attributed it to reception. I have horrible reception in my apartment (everyone who says Verizon EVDO coverage is good enough you don't need WiFi needs to come to my apartment with zero bars). If I move the phone around people say the sound improves.

EDIT: I'm running .76
    12-12-08 07:33 PM
    I'm thinking I might revert to .75

those who have had muffled sounds, post your OS version
    12-12-08 09:21 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm running .75, and I'm in an area with terrific reception. Seems like it's just the phone. When I switched phones with someone and had them call me using my storm, I was actually startled at how bad they sounded. With the 30 day period looming, I don't know what to do.
    12-12-08 09:52 PM
    this is horrible.... anyway there could be a fix? or could this be a Hardware problem.
    12-12-08 10:19 PM
    Sorry to burst your bubble but I'm running .75, and I'm in an area with terrific reception. Seems like it's just the phone. When I switched phones with someone and had them call me using my storm, I was actually startled at how bad they sounded. With the 30 day period looming, I don't know what to do.
    I've found the same thing. I love my Storm but I'm thinking I've got to get another. I didn't realize how bad it was until I used my wife's curve and had her talk to me thru my storm. It is a hardware issue for sure.

That stinks because I've got my Storm just how I like it. BTW, for all the VZW customers out there, you technically have until January 15th to return the phone (take a look at your bill) because of the holiday season. Any phone purchased after November 15th has until January 15th to return.
    12-12-08 10:27 PM
    It really is bad. I just left myself some voicemail messages and it sounds incredibly muffled
    12-12-08 11:00 PM
    I also get told it sounds like I'm 2 miles away talking into the phone.

This was on .65, leaked .75 and official .75 no luck yet

12-12-08 11:06 PM
    Try this, if someone says they can't hear you, switch to speakerphone. when i do they say the sound quality dramaticly improves. If it's the same on other phones, that would lead me to believe it's a sofware issue, since the same mic sounds both good and bad. If it was hardware, both handset and speakerphone would make you sound bad
    12-12-08 11:25 PM
    I'm having an issue where people can't hear me at all. They say it sounds as if I hung up. But I can still hear them. Multiple people have told me this. Otherwise my Storm has been great since Nov 21st.

12-12-08 11:25 PM
    I can't hear my visual voicemail. It sounds so low.

12-12-08 11:56 PM
    I'm running the VZW .75
    12-12-08 11:59 PM
    I'm having an issue where people can't hear me at all. They say it sounds as if I hung up. But I can still hear them. Multiple people have told me this. Otherwise my Storm has been great since Nov 21st.

Thats probably because your cheek hit the mute button!
    12-13-08 12:00 AM
    I can't hear my visual voicemail. It sounds so low.

when a VM is playing hit BB> speakerphone
    12-13-08 12:12 AM
50 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD