I think I saw a 2600 mah battery for sale for the 9530, what is the info on these supposed long life batteries. I have to charge my standard one every evening. i don't leave it charging all night either, just till it gives me the full reading. It lasts all day and into the evening, but shoot, my last phone, which of course wasn't a smart phone lasted three friggin days and nights!
    06-03-10 11:34 AM
    Why don't you charge it all night? Then it will be fully charged in the morning.

I won't use the 2600 because it is just too bulky and a lot of people have had trouble with the plastic battery door breaking. It also limits your case and holster options. If a little extra would help, you might check out the Seidio 1700. That will probably give you a couple extra hours. I've been using its oredecessor (the 1600) for over a year and it is a good battery. I still have to charge every night, and all night, but that's fine...I would anyway since I use my Storm as my clock.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 01:37 PM
    It does not hurt the battery to charge overnight. What hurts a battery is not waiting till it's almost dead to recharge. Plugging into a charger when it's at say 50% power constantly will kill a battery's life.
    06-03-10 01:43 PM
    It does not hurt the battery to charge overnight. What hurts a battery is not waiting till it's almost dead to recharge. Plugging into a charger when it's at say 50% power constantly will kill a battery's life.
    How low should you let it go? I have so many battery stories I dont know what is right. If I let my go all day at normal use I will still have 40% or so, less with a lot of use. If I dont charge that over night it would not last long at all the next day.....
    06-03-10 03:07 PM
    I let mine get almost dead before a recharge. I have heard it is not good to charge it all night but thought that was BS because the phone supposedly has a smart charge deal in it. I will charge it all night tonight and see if I get longer life. Mine isn't bad, but I was use to three days idle time with some interspersed talk time of about ten minutes a day.
    06-03-10 05:34 PM
    Well I just charge mine during the day if need be and plug in at night and let it charge. Always have. Only noticed worse battery life after 5.0

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-03-10 05:59 PM
    Li-Ion batteries do not need to be fully discharged before charging, unlike Ni-Cad. In fact, Li-Ion batteries actually have a protection circuit that will kill the ability to charge if they are discharged too far (like if you leave one unused for a VERY long time. They do, however, have a limit to how many times they can be charged, whether partially or fully.

That said, I charge my phone batteries fully every night and several times randomly throughout the day in varying amounts of charge (hooking and unhooking from the computer, plugging into the car adapter, etc.). I have NEVER had an Li-Ion phone battery die or even degrade a noticeable amount during the lifetime of the phone. All my batteries easily outlive the usefulness of the phones (I usually keep them two years except this last time...). Actually though, I am still using the battery from my Storm1 in my Storm2 and it's working just dandy.

In short, I wouldn't worry about how/when you charge. Worst thing that can happen is your battery may only last two years instead of 5. OMG, you might have to spend $30 on a new battery in two years!
    06-03-10 06:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD