hi. i got my storm less than a month ago and i notice the screeen is loose. when you shake the phone sideways you could feel the screen is moving. does anyone have this problem also? thanks
    02-05-09 12:31 PM
    I don't think it's a "problem". Since the phone uses a click screen, it requires this gap for tolerance.

However, these same gaps are what may cause dust to go under the screen for some Storm users.
    02-05-09 12:35 PM
    i compared it to my friend's storm and his screen is not looose. does the warranty cover that?
    02-05-09 12:37 PM
    For the most part it is generic with the click screen. As for the friend situation, not all Storms will be exactly the same.
    02-05-09 12:51 PM
    Mine is very loose too. I'm waiting for it to either fall off, or for more dust to get under the screen and in the camera lens (yeah, you heard that right) before calling for another swap.
    02-05-09 12:54 PM
    My first Storm screen moved a little (like the rest) when I got it but after 3 weeks it was way too loose. Like the OP said...I could move my hand side to side and feel it moving back and forth. The replacement Storm didn't move anything like the one I sent back. If it moves too much with only the slightest of movement...send it back
    02-05-09 01:01 PM
    Just to reiterate, since the Storm uses a clickable screen that basically rests on one large center button, your screen will seem slightly loose.

However, if you're under 30-days of ownership, you mind as well go to the VZW store and exchange it. Waiting +30 days will force you to get a replacement phone mailed to you (which will probably be a new phone, but not 100% guaranteed).
    02-05-09 01:07 PM
    My screen was so loose that the edges wouldnt click anymore, and you could really feel it moving when I shook it. I simply took it back to the store after having it for 2 months and they exchanged it since it has a 1 year warranty. Whole process took about 15 minutes.
    02-05-09 01:14 PM
    yeah they told me that since i have the phone less than 30 days i could go back to the store and get a New phone. if i don't want to go to the store they will send me a certified refurbished phone. she recomended me to go to the store and get a new one.
    02-05-09 01:16 PM
    I returned my phone for the same reason, The phone rattled the screen became so loose. Then the screen began to be unresponsive.
    02-05-09 01:20 PM
    If you take off the battery cover you will see a screw head (T-6) by the gsm card and a red sticker (covering the other screw head) by the SIM card. Adjusting the screw using a T-6 screwdriver will tighten or loosen the screen. I adjusted mine to perfection. Its VERY VERY VERY easy to do...Good Luck!
    02-05-09 04:09 PM
    If you take off the battery cover you will see a screw head (T-6) by the gsm card and a red sticker (covering the other screw head) by the SIM card. Adjusting the screw using a T-6 screwdriver will tighten or loosen the screen. I adjusted mine to perfection. Its VERY VERY VERY easy to do...Good Luck!
    this is good to know...Thanks!!!!!!
    02-05-09 04:27 PM

just make sure you save the sticker and put it back over the screw the same way...that sticker is the moisture sticker, no sticker no exchange

easiest way to get the sticker off without a lot of damage is an exacto or the tab from the battery cover
    02-05-09 05:00 PM
    [QUOTE=BBartist;1594788]just make sure you save the sticker and put it back over the screw the same way...that sticker is the moisture sticker, no sticker no exchange

easiest way to get the sticker off without a lot of damage is an exacto or the tab from the battery cover]

Good Point....I used a pin and tweezers to remove the sticker intact...
    02-05-09 05:16 PM
    no need to mess up that sticker..i put 2/3s of a business card folded in half over my battery (inbetween battery and cover) and my screen clicks great all around....i wouldn't touch my torx screws because of that red X sticker. no need to mess up a warranty..
    02-05-09 05:50 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD