...and no it's not the headphones, I've tried other headphones.

Is there something within the options that cause this, or...?

Although I can still take it back for a new one I'd would'nt want to go thru the entire process again....but it seems like I'll have to.

Thanks for any help.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-11-08 10:56 PM
    when is the sound only coming through one earphone? If you are not listening to something in stereo - it will only come through one earphone. I confess I have not used the wired headset - but I have the S9 stereo BT headset and music (stereo) is through both - phone calls (mono) through one.
    12-11-08 11:00 PM
    Sorry to hear that man. I can confirm that that it should come through both ears.
    12-11-08 11:08 PM
    Sorry to hear that man. I can confirm that that it should come through both ears.
    Yep confirmed it comes out of both on the headset and the BT . . . that is good for me (better than my WM phones).

Leaves me sratching my head on your issue.
    12-11-08 11:17 PM
    UPDATE:
    Hmmm...Guess what.

I rebooted and everything was fine...go figure. ((scratches head))
    12-12-08 12:08 PM
    it was like that for me at first...helps to mess around with how far in the headphones are pushed into the phone...that connecter. mine has to be partially out (not all the way pushed in) to get sound through both ears
    12-12-08 12:10 PM
    I have already returned one Blackberry Storm because of this and now the second is doing the same! This is truly frustrating! When using wired headphones the audio only comes out in mono (just one ear). Unplugging and replugging doesn't work, you literally have to reboot each time and cross your fingers. This is definately a software/firmware issue. Like the Storm, but it definitely has its share of bugs.
    01-31-09 09:06 AM
    I just started using my phone for music a couple of days ago. I had the same issue happen but I realized that I didn't have the headset plug pushed all the way in. Works fine now, but I prefer to listen to my music via the speakerphone.
    01-31-09 09:42 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD