Sorry if this has been posted before, I just got my first Berry so I could write applications for it. This phone seems to have a ton of potential, but damn is it slow.

I have been perusing this forum and was wondering how many people have complained to their carrier about the performance issues. I figure if enough customers were making their voices heard it may bump the priority up for both the carrier to test the OS releases and RIM to produce new ones. After all, we do pay a lot for our plans and if the carriers want to compete with the ATT-iPhone combination for casual users and the G1 (which is quite an amazing device, even if T-Mobile sucks) they really need to step up their game!
    03-24-09 11:16 AM
    my questions would be what OS are you running and have you been to the tips and tricks section of crackberry for faster performance?
    03-24-09 11:20 AM
    I'm still running .75 because I want to make sure my applications work with the "official" OS releases.

That tips section is great!
    03-24-09 11:37 AM
    Well, I'll just beat everyone else to it. Do a Beta upgrade.

I completely understand your reasoning for staying on .75, good luck creating applications I hope they turn out great. But before you throw your phone through the wall try the latest stable Beta (that's not an oxy-moron) and you'll realize the Storm's true potential

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-24-09 11:43 AM
    You may find compatibility issues with .75 and apps. I do recall someone saying there is a sound bug in .75
    03-24-09 11:52 AM
    You may find compatibility issues with .75 and apps. I do recall someone saying there is a sound bug in .75
    Very true. I can't recall the techincal details that you may need but there is a problem sending the sound to the phone speaker instead of the headphone jack. Apps like the StormSaber will not produce sound to the phone speaker in .75 so that is something to consider

03-24-09 11:55 AM
    I'm still running .75 because I want to make sure my applications work with the "official" OS releases.

That tips section is great!
    i agree the tips section helped me out a ton also when i started messing with mine. i have tried about all leaked versions but so far i like this 113 the best for speed etc. im sure it has bugs as well
    03-24-09 11:59 AM
    Ya I was pretty happy with 103 until this weekend when all **** broke loose (reboots, freeze, problems with BB messenger)
    03-24-09 01:51 PM
    Ya I was pretty happy with 103 until this weekend when all **** broke loose (reboots, freeze, problems with BB messenger)
    .109 has been great for me, my roommate has the MMS problem though. I haven't bothered with the .113/.114 hybrids because I'm just too lazy to do the walkthroughs on how to put them together
    03-24-09 05:31 PM
    Sorry if this has been posted before, I just got my first Berry so I could write applications for it. This phone seems to have a ton of potential, but damn is it slow.

I have been perusing this forum and was wondering how many people have complained to their carrier about the performance issues. I figure if enough customers were making their voices heard it may bump the priority up for both the carrier to test the OS releases and RIM to produce new ones. After all, we do pay a lot for our plans and if the carriers want to compete with the ATT-iPhone combination for casual users and the G1 (which is quite an amazing device, even if T-Mobile sucks) they really need to step up their game!
    They're working on it. We just have to be patient.

03-24-09 05:34 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD