^topic

03-25-09 06:35 PM
    In a word: no.
    03-25-09 06:39 PM
    not as of now. its to stop pervs from taking upskirts and whatnot. been discussed quite a few times already.
    03-25-09 06:39 PM
    Nope, sorry. I can't recall if it was ever determined that it was impossible to make an app to turn off the sound, but as of right now there isn't anything. You can search and find some old threads about it and see if it is possible for an app to control it or not, but I feel like it's a no.
    03-25-09 06:40 PM
    I'm not completely up on the reasoning but believe there is a proposed law that would require cell phones to have that sound. So, to answer your question, no. There isn't a way to turn off that sound on the Storm.
    03-25-09 06:40 PM
    Man, everyone keeps beating me to answering people's questions, haha.
    03-25-09 06:41 PM
    not as of now. its to stop pervs from taking upskirts and whatnot. been discussed quite a few times already.
    Hahah thats most likely why he is asking. It isn't even loud.
    03-25-09 06:41 PM
    been discussed quite a few times already.
    A few times? Try a few hundred! A search on this topic would've shown the OP there was no reason to ask this.
    03-25-09 06:42 PM
    You cannot turn off the camera sound, but there are some workarounds.
    03-25-09 06:42 PM
    Hahah thats most likely why he is asking. It isn't even loud.
    Haha, no, it's not too loud. But, like I saw discussed before, it be nice to be able to take pictures of notes or something in class if you say, forgot a pen, paper...or are lazy, haha.
    03-25-09 06:43 PM
    A few times? Try a few hundred! A search on this topic would've shown the OP there was no reason to ask this.
    Search? Search? We don't need no stinking search.
    03-25-09 06:43 PM
    Search? Search? We don't need no stinking search.
    Apparently...
    There's even a post on this ON the front page...
    03-25-09 06:51 PM
    nope, sorry perv.
    03-25-09 06:55 PM
    I believe there is programs to turn it off.
    03-25-09 07:01 PM
    I believe there is programs to turn it off.
    Wow really?
    Inform us ohh BB master of these programs.. HElp a little bit.. LOVE to see this app...
    03-25-09 07:08 PM
    Down load capture it, assign it to a side key bring up the camera and hit your button you assigned capture it. This works great when you need to get your jollys off and there a short skirt in front of you or when your looking threw a cracked door

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-25-09 07:16 PM
    Down load capture it, assign it to a side key bring up the camera and hit your button you assigned capture it. This works great when you need to get your jollys off and there a short skirt in front of you or when your looking threw a cracked door

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ha! Good call, I never saw that posted before. Not that I'm looking to do that, haha, but that is crafty.
    03-25-09 07:19 PM
    I find a well placed sneeze can cover the sound and explains your awkward position when she turns around. And by 'she', I mean whatever kind of wildlife you are shooting....like a beaver.....umm no.
    03-25-09 07:45 PM
    Lmao, this topics amazing. I didnt realise so many posts,

And NO its not for upskirts or anything like that, it was mostly just for like class and **** when I draw something good and wanna take a picture of it before i forget to later.
    03-25-09 07:50 PM
    Lmao, this topics amazing. I didnt realise so many posts,

And NO its not for upskirts or anything like that, it was mostly just for like class and **** when I draw something good and wanna take a picture of it before i forget to later.
    Sure guy. Sure.
    03-25-09 07:53 PM
    03-25-09 07:58 PM
    I think it's funny that so many sheep keep repeating what they 'heard' about some idiotic law requiring phones to make a sound when taking a photo. So far I've seen no proof, or even heard from any credible source that this is true.
    Guess what? There are phones that DON"T make any sound. My Motorola is one. Also, I have 3 different digital cameras and NONE make a sound. Why would there be a 'law' for phones with a camera but not for a camera?
    I guess next time I'm taking a peeping tom photo I'll use the video camera, much more footage and... guess what... no sound! Did the 'lawmakers' who forced some (but not all) phone manufacturers to have sound overlook the fact that most camers take video too? Are they really that stupid?

Oh, to answer the original question though I like the 'Capture It' workaround, or the video, or you can make a phone call @ the same time and the sound will go through the earpiece, headset, bluetooth or whatever. No external sound unless you're on speaker phone.
    03-25-09 11:21 PM
    I think it's funny that so many sheep keep repeating what they 'heard' about some idiotic law requiring phones to make a sound when taking a photo. So far I've seen no proof, or even heard from any credible source that this is true.
    Guess what? There are phones that DON"T make any sound. My Motorola is one. Also, I have 3 different digital cameras and NONE make a sound. Why would there be a 'law' for phones with a camera but not for a camera?
    OpenCongress - Text of H.R.414 as Introduced in House Camera Phone Predator Alert Act
    03-26-09 07:45 AM
    Lol midnight barbeque just got owned XD
    03-26-09 07:52 AM
    The further you shove the phone up the girl's skirt, the more muffled the camera's sound. At least, that's what I read somewhere.. . .
    03-26-09 08:18 AM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD